Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




October 22, 2008

Are you a busy bee?












After reading this post on my mother's blog, I've realized two things:

1.) My mom is super amazing, I don't know how she does all of the things she does without going crazy. I wish I was more like her.

2.) I am not someone who enjoys being constantly on the go with 500 things on my plate. Yes, sometimes life does require it of us, but in reality I just am a slower pace, quieter life type of gal 95% of the time.

Sometimes I feel guilty, like I should be doing more with my time. But to be honest I feel like I get really grumpy and not fun to be around when I am trying to do too much.

So I'll put the question out there:

Do you enjoy buzzing around like a bee from one thing to the next, or do you prefer quiet days?

*And to be fair, I know my mom would love more free time - she is just a better person than I. :)
*

9 comments:

Heather said...

I'm the same as you. There are times where I like to be busy, but mostly I'm happy to be at home doing stuff here.

Anonymous said...

oh my, this has been on my mind. things have been so busy and i was feeling spread a bit too thin. it's one thing when you're healthy but i've had a bad cold and life doesn't slow down for that. maybe the beginning of nov. things will calm down. it's good to be busy, but in moderation and when you're healthy! :)

Jan said...

I used to be the busy bee, but I can't bee that bee anymore. I cling to my might, mind and strength. I have come to honor those days when I can't do it all but I also honor those days that I can do it all. If I go past doing more than my might, I suffer, my family suffers and being the heart of the home, it's not worth it. Take the seasons were in and enjoy them the way that they are meant to be enjoyed. Do your best is all that is really required. And that includes those extra mile times.

Kris said...

I'm content being at home. Especially these days when I feel like doing nothing. But, I don't mind having things to do, but it wears on me when I'm gone every morning or night of the week and I can't keep up with the housework. No matter how busy I am, I always take a nap. That is my sanctuary! Your mom is an awesome example to everyone! You do have so many of her qualities. :)

Anonymous said...

I need balance. I need things to do to keep me out of trouble (ha!), but I also feel like I need a chunk of time during the day (even if it's just for 15 minutes) to just be with me, myself and I. I don't feel right if I don't get to do something just for me during the day (reading, a nice hot bath, peace and quiet while I enjoy a TV show - whatever).

PRP said...

This bee is seriously losing her buzz...

I like a good balance of both, being at home doing the things I love with those I love and then being out the world, trying to change things, make them better, etc. Right now my plate is exploding so I would love time at home to do nothing.

Julie said...

Free time!!! I mean I do not like being bored but I too get grumpy when stressed because I am doing too much!

tharker said...

I'm a slow pace kind of a girl.

hatch said...

I like to be busy, but my most favorite days are the ones when I can just be busy at home. Those are the days that feel the most productive to me. I do like to have a few things to do outside of my home, but when I get to much going on I do not like it. I would however like to have a day where I can just do nothing, and not feel one bit guilty.