While reading Everyday Food Storage this week, I was pleased to find some really great ideas to go along with General Conference.
*The first was a children's conference packet that is 14 pages of word searches, games about the prophet and the apostles, and things to help them learn and pay attention during the talks. It is GREAT!!! There is also a memory game of the apostles that would be fun for any Sunday. You can go here to print out both for your own children.
*The second great idea is one for your visiting teaching sisters. It is a General Conference Goodie Bag. It has a clever little poem you can attach and is so cute. Here is a picture of the bags I made for the sister's I visit (sorry if this ruin's the surprise ladies):

I changed the part about the gum on my poem, but you can go here and print out a note card of your own if you'd like to make one of these. They were pretty cost effective split up between three bags.
Thank you Crystal for posting these great ideas!
Do you have any special traditions you do, or food you make for conference weekend?


8 comments:
Such a great idea Sarah. Love the poem. I'm sure that your lovely ladies that get to see you each month will love these goodie bags. Thanks for the great links.
Super neat Sarah. Will you be my VT. I need to think about this for my sisters. Love it.
Such good ideas! Maybe my sisters will be getting something similar!
Amen Sister. I loved your comment. You have heart and soul girl. The passion you have for this countries freedoms are so evident. Thanks.
I love that everyday food storage blog!!! She has so many great ideas.
What a fun gift to give your VT sisters!
Sarah, this is such a great idea...thanks for sharing!
Thanks Sarah. I was needing something for Meredith for conference and thanks to you I didn't have to dig as hard as I would normally have. Enjoy conference and thanks for the great ideas.
We always make coffee cake...actually we have renamed it "Conference Cake". We DVR it so we can pause it as we need to. I LOVE G.C. weekend. No extra meetings, no kids to keep quiet during sacrament meeting. I love it. Why do we only have it 2x/yr.? (ha!)
Post a Comment