I've been seeing all sorts of cute Halloween ideas popping up all over blog land that I thought I'd share with you. Even though I already have quite a bit of Halloween and Fall decor, it's nice to add new things into the mix every year and let the kids get in on the decorating fun.
These first two ideas I liked for two reasons:
1. They were easy and kid friendly
2. They were cheap/free depending on what you have around the house
Last week on BeCentsable I saw these cute ghosts and pumpkins made out of empty milk jugs:
For the ghosts you just draw on faces with a permanent marker and then paint the lids white if they are a different color. The pumpkins just need a little orange and green paint and you can cut out faces with a craft knife. For both, cut holes in the back and insert lights. In the above picture she just took a string of white lights and put a few in each one.
Another easy idea BeCentsable shared were these pumpkin garlands made from orange paper plates:
Cut out different shapes from black paper for the faces and glue onto the plates. You can punch a whole in the top and string them from ribbon to hang around the house.
There are more cute ideas she posted about and I just really appreciated that they were kid friendly and something even non-crafty people like myself could do in a short amount of time.
Also, yesterday on A Soft Place to Land which is one of my new favorite blogs, Kimba hosted a bloggy party where everyone could share a link to their Halloween and Fall posts. There are over 100 links and I have not had a chance to look at all of them, but here are a few cute things I saw that I'd like to make:
This blog had the cutest countdown to Halloween idea:
You can fill the little bags with one little piece of candy per child/per day or some other little Halloween trinket. How fun is that? I think I might enjoy that one more than my kids!
I also loved this blogger's version of a Halloween wreath and her "Boo" sign.
These were just a few of the many, many cute things I saw looking through the links on Kimba's blog.
Yesterday I managed to put out my fall decorations with only a minimal amount of help from the Morgster. Kendle loves our electric Jack-O-Lanterns that I always put up on our high wall ledge. She came home from school yesterday and kept flicking the wall switch to turn them off and on. I left a few things out for her to help with and put in her room. I remember the excitement of being a kid and wanting to help my mom decorate for the holidays. I'm glad she shares my enthusiasm for that sort of thing.



9 comments:
Your children are lucky to have such a fun mom. Great links!
Cute ideas! I remember making those ghosts where you put a cotton ball inside a kleenex and then tie it off with thread with my mom...good memories.
Those are cute. I'm sad we won't be here for Halloween.
we like to decorate the house up for our little halloween party with the fam. for that extra touch i let my dusting go so it's nice and thick...looks great on the piano and it's only once a year right? :)
very cute! I think I might have to do the paper bag one.
Those are so cute. I love the BOO sign. My kids would love it if I were a bit for creative. I think I'll have to try a couple of these ideas out with the kiddos. Thanks Sarah!
Really Bootiful Sarah. Love it all.
I still need to get my box out. I'm so behind this year. I LOVE that Boo Sign and Wreath. So cute. These are some great ideas. Thanks for giving me the inspiration to get motivated on my own decor.
I've made those milk jug ghosts. They are way cute out on the walkway with leaves around them. Fun ideas thanks.
Post a Comment