Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




October 6, 2008

Rested














We had a great weekend. Kendle had a game on Saturday and scored a goal. We came home and cleaned house a bit, and then I packed up the kids to go stay with mi familia and watch conference. Riley stayed behind because he had to travel to Suncadia for a work convention. The kids had fun at grandma and grandpa's and tore up the place in no time. It was nice to just kick back and relax and stay in comfy clothes, eat yummy food and watch conference. It was a beautiful weekend weather wise as well. A bit windy, but that crisp fall air was present and all around my parents house are huge tall trees that were yellows and oranges and reds. So pretty. One of my aunts bought a cow that was being sold to be butchered and was awesome enough to ask if anyone else wanted to buy some. We ended up coming home last night with about 20+ pounds of meat and my dad also stocked us up on a big bag of fresh potatoes from the farm. So I guess if there was any kind of crisis any time soon, we would at least have enough meat and potatoes to last us a while!

It was nice to come home last night to a clean house and tired kids that wanted to go to bed. Before Riley left yesterday morning, he kindly retrieved my huge storage container of fall decorations from the garage so I could put them out today. Kendle is excited to come home after school and help decorate. I found some really cute, cheap, Halloween crafts that we'll be doing sometime this week as well. They involve empty milk jugs, paint, a permanent marker, and some orange paper plates. I'll post the link where I got the ideas and some other fall fun tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got our fall decor out last night. Tis the season! I'm jealous about the potatoes. Our Grandpa Randy bag of potatoes is gone and now I'm stuck buying from the store. Just not as good.

Anonymous said...

it was a nice relaxing weekend and conference was great! loved wearing comfy clothes, grabbing a blanket and watching conference while it was gray and rainy out. what a blessing it is to have conference come right into our homes via satellite!

Jan said...

Nice Meat catch. Wow. That will be nice over the winter months.

So glad you had a great weekend. Conference is always a place of peace. And then to be with family. How wonderful that your husband was so nice to keep the house clean. Atta boy.

Kris said...

What a nice weekend Sarah. It woudl be so fun to be close enough to just go home for the weekend. How nice to hang out with the parents. The beef and potatoes sounds really good. We'll be over for dinner! Ha! :)

Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by~I love Sonic ice as well :) It sounds like a wonderful weekend~
Melissa

tharker said...

Meat and Potatoes. Yum!

Glad you had a good weekend Sarah.

hatch said...

I cannot wait to see your cute craft ideas. I am happy to hear that you had such a good weekend.