
Saturday afternoon Kendle and I had a wonderful time baking and spending time together. If ever there was a little girl who liked to have fun, it is Kendle. She is one spicy little girl and knows how to liven things up. We put Morgan down for a nap, turned on some fun music, and then chatted and mixed and stirred and laughed. There is never a dull moment when she's around. "Lively" is a word that comes to mind. I truly enjoyed those moments with her though and am always amazed at the conversations we can have when we are alone together.
Later that evening after Riley arrived home, our family went to go visit my mother-in-law who's been in the hospital and is now in an out-patient facility receiving on-going care and rehabilitation. It was her birthday and we were her last visitors of the day. She had received many well wishes and had her walls and shelves lined with balloons, cards, and flowers which we were happy to see. Kendle knows how much her grandma Kathy loves to hear her sing, so right when we walked into her room, she went up and put her arm around her grandma sitting in her wheelchair and sang her "Happy Birthday". Kendle can be so sweet, and she is really kind and good with her grandma. Sometimes it can be a little scary when you are a child to see your grandma hurt and sick and it would be easy to shy away from that. From an early age Kendle has realized her grandma's limitations and is an excellent helper to her; for that I am thankful.
Last night we attended an amazing baptism for a little girl who has been coming to church with a family in our ward. The spirit was so unbelievably strong in that primary room, and you could literally see her glowing and beaming. There were quite a few non-members there and I know they felt the spirit as well. I gave her a hug afterwards and I could feel her happiness radiating off of her. As we got in the car to leave the Stake Center, our radio was playing music. Kendle said to me "Mom, can we just turn the radio off? I feel so good right now and I just don't want to hear that music." I thought to myself, "ok, who is the teacher here?" As a mom do you ever have the feeling that you were sent your specific children for a reason? I have that feeling often.


9 comments:
I love those precious mother/daughter moments too! Memories to last a lifetime.
Kendle is a special girl with a life full of those kind of moments ahead. How lucky you are to be her mother.
Those are the moments that scream, you are right where you are supposed to be Sarah. That is happiness. What a lovely celebration of eternal perspective on the journey back home. Thanks for sharing that.
Your daughter is a wise one. Enjoy the journey of the learning ahead that awaits not only her but YOU...
Sarah, I think you are a great mom. Look at all the things you are teaching your sweet & spicy little girl. Cooking, loving her grandma's, and feeling the spirit at a baptism. All great things. I love how you do so many fun things with her. You guys will always have such a great relationship! That baptism sounds heavenly.
I love cooking with my kids. It's always so much fun and makes all the mess completely worth it.
Kendle sounds like such a great girl! I am so impressed that she wanted to turn the radio off. What a great teacher you both are to each other!
And yes, I definitely feel like each of my kids were sent to teach me something. It's different with each of them, but it's so amazing to me just how wise they truly are.
motherhood...i highly recommend it! i love it when they do or say something that reminds me of their dad or myself...but i really love it when they do something that's all their own and leaves a smile on my heart.
Thanks Natallie with TWO l's. :)
Post a Comment