Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




March 4, 2009

Happiness Is.....

*Cuddling with the Morgster on the couch watching American Idol.

*A husband who stops to rent DVDs on his way home because he knew how much you liked a movie that came out this week.

*The sun coming out to light up an otherwise bleak week, and hearing Kendle and Morgan laughing on the swings outside.

*Being mistaken for the babysitter.

*Dancing around the kitchen with the kids while we're making dinner.

*Low-fat chocolate pudding with extra whipped cream on top. Counterproductive, but nice.

*Walking to get the mail without getting pelted with rain or cold wind.

*Having a menu for the week posted on the fridge, and hearing little or no complaints from the troops.

*Knowing Kendle still needs my kisses and hugs at night.

*Reading stories with her before bed and laughing together at all the right moments.

*Sitting down after a long day to relax and hearing -- quiet.

Even though I am still miserable with this darn cold that has wreaked havoc on me the last few days, today was a good day.

11 comments:

dandee said...

You have so many things to be happy about. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Jan said...

Get better now. I will bring soup.

I just posted about chocolate pudding. How funny girl united friend.

Kris said...

Such a great list Sarah. Next time I want a video of you and the kids dancing in the kitchen. You are so fun, even when you are feeling lousy. Love the new look on your blog. All the pictures on the sidebar are so cute.

hatch said...

It sounds like a great day/week. Sorry to hear about your cold. Huge bummer.

tharker said...

I'm glad that you had a great day, even though you're not feeling so well.

I LOVE the picture on your sidebar of you kissing cute little Morgan!

Anonymous said...

I am so bummed Tam can't come with us to Wicked! I didn't know that until you told me. Bummer. Hope your cold gets better. I've been a little under the weather this week too. I am definitely ready for winter to be over!

PROUD MOMMY said...

Love your new look...I was just thinking that I needed to switch things up as well.

Absolutely LOVE that pic of you and Riley!!

How goes it at your place with soccer started up?...trying to get into the groove here...we should try to do a mommy & kids only dinner while the men are away :)

Sarah said...

Sara-
We're adjusting to the soccer frenzy. I don't mind the late practices so much, because then at least Riley can be here for dinner time. He misses seeing the kids before they go to bed though, I usually keep Morgan up till he gets home.

Julie said...

sorry to hear you are in kinda the same boat as me! I hate being sick! I hope you get better soon and our husbands will come home when they say they will! I swear those two can talk forever!

Marilyn said...

I really love this happy list...it really is the simple things, huh?

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.