Outside my window...
It doesn't look too bad out there today. It has been really windy the last few days around here though. The forecast is saying mostly wind and clouds today, if the gusts would stop it would be pretty nice out there. Definitely ponytail weather for me as long as it keeps up.
I am thinking...
About laundry, bills to be paid, bath tubs that need scrubbing, and my kitchen floor that needs mopping. Nothing too exciting and none of which I am very excited to do.
I am thankful for...
My family. On Saturday my mom came up and helped me wrestle Morgan at the soccer game and it was really cold. Probably not the most fun way for her to spend her Saturday afternoon, but the kids love seeing her. Later that evening one of Riley's old friends came for a visit and talked about how much he wants to get married and have a family (and how much his parents want grandchildren). I know that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children. *The Family: A Proclamation to the World
From the kitchen...
Kendle helped me do the dishes last night and my kitchen is really clean, a good way to start my Monday morning. We also got a jump on our before school morning routine by doing one of our biggest time savers, which is making all of her sandwiches that go in her lunch for the whole week all at one time and then sticking them in the freezer.

It's so much easier to do it this way and only have to make one mess, then I just pull one out in the morning, stick it in her lunch box and it's ready to eat by lunch time. They thaw pretty quick. It makes me a much happier mom, I really dislike making peanut butter sandwiches in the morning.
I am going...
To zip around town doing some quick errands to today. I need to return a few things to a store, drop off some books and return a movie.
I am reading...
The Appeal by John Grisham. So far so good, typical Grisham storyline revolving around a legal case, shady workings behind the scenes and some drama.
I am hoping...
We can reach our family goal of having Family Home Evening every week for the whole year. So far we have not missed. It's getting tricky now that Riley has started soccer and they have nightly practices, but we're still determined and have worked around it so far. When we hit the six month mark we'll do something fun.
I am hearing...
The big street sweeper truck just drove by with a big rumble. Morgan is eating his favorite breakfast of cinnamon roll flavored oatmeal and laughing at some cartoons on TV.
Around the house...
I have the urge to de-clutter Kendle's room while she's at school. This is a regular thing, she accumulates lots of stuff. If one of her friends gives her something or draws her a picture, she will hang on to it forever. Morgan also had a "party" in his room yesterday and pulled out all of his dirty clothes from the hamper and all of his shoes and hats from their baskets. Maybe I can get him to "help" me clean up. Riley and I have been making plans to do new floors, and repaint - now we just need to get motivated to do it. Riley is also cleaning out the garage for me today, hurray for that!
One of my favorite things...
Mr. Clean magic erasers. I will be getting some good use out of them this week. Little man took a pen and wrote all over the inside of the computer armoire.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Primary and Cub Scout meetings, Kendle has class pictures, Riley has soccer practice and a game on Friday, and Saturday is Wicked in Portland. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. I get to see lots of family too and it will be a real treat.
Something I want to remember...
Morgan is so funny about wearing his hats around. He likes to wear them slightly to the side and pulled down at an angle over his eye. Whenever I try and fix it he gets really mad and says "no!" and then moves it back to where it was. He is so particular about certain things like that. Also when he eats, he has to have everything very orderly. He puts his cup in it's spot and lines up his plate. We definitely have a little guy on our hands that knows how he likes things to be.


7 comments:
It sounds like you are going to have a great week. Magic Erasers, my favorite too! What did we do before those things. I love your sandwich idea. Do you think that would work with ham sandwiches?
I have the same question as Kim with the ham sandwiches. Such a smart idea to make all of your lunches at the beginning of the week. I hate making a sandwich every morning. I just cleaned up Sydnee's room a little and I can't believe how much stuff she hides under her bed and drawers. Crazy girls. It sounds like you will have a busy week.
I read The Appeal... The thing I like about his books are you aren't ever really sure how they'll end. Sometimes the good guy wins, sometimes not.
Kim and Kristen-
I'm not sure how it would work with ham and cheese, but you could always just make one sandwich and test it out yourself for lunch one day. Let me know if you try it.
Good idea on the sandwiches. I think I'm totally going to do that!
Maybe we'll see you at Wicked. I hear you're going to the Saturday Matinee too. I am SO excited!!!
Is Riley coming down Sat. to hang with us and take care of all these kids? ha
Jer,
Riley has a soccer game, or else I would have left the kids with him! You guys can handle it, you're tough.
Tiffani-
Yep, we're going to the matinee as well. I'm still not really sure where our seats are. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you ladies.
Post a Comment