Outside my window...
The sun is shining and there is a small breeze. I see some dark clouds off in the distance that hopefully will stay away. There are a few buds and plants that are trying to come up and make me believe it really is spring.
I am thinking...
About movies I would like to find online to buy for our kids. I loved the Anne of Green Gables movies as a girl, and some of the old family feature films. There are also a lot of good old Disney movies you can't find at the stores anymore. I get really sick of a lot of the kids movies out nowadays that seem to be more and more obnoxious.
I am thankful for...
Wonderful friends. I feel really lucky to be at a place in my life right now where I am surrounded by people who genuinely care about me and bring zero drama to the table.
From the kitchen...
I made home made pizza last night with a new recipe for the crust and it was really tasty. I found a pizza hut copy-cat recipe that was surprisingly easy and I thought it turned out well. Even Kendle, the pickiest child on the planet scarfed down a big piece and proclaimed it "very yummy". So at least that's one more meal I can make that I know she will eat.
I am going...
To pick up the house a bit, pick up Kendle from a friends house in a little while, and then head to my parents to visit my little brother and sister who are on spring break from college. I still have not quite recovered from the weekend. I have just been going, going, going a million miles a minute for the last three days. I went to bed at nine o'clock last night I was so tired. What I really need to do though, is fix Kendle's pants that need to be hemmed and patched. That girl literally has only one or two pairs of pants left that are not holy and ragged.
I am reading...
Still on "The Appeal" by John Grisham. It is about a chemical company that has been taken to court for toxic dumping that has caused deaths and illnesses to half the town. There are lots of people working behind the scenes to make sure the chemical company comes out on top. It is starting to get really good. My mind always tries to start working out the possible scenarios for how the story is going to end, but with John Grisham it could end up being something totally unexpected.
I am hoping...
We can do something fun during spring break next week. So far we don't have any plans, but I've been doing some brainstorming. Hmmm.....what to do.
I am hearing...
Almost complete silence, Morgan is down for a nap and this is my favorite part of the day. The house is quiet and peaceful. I could almost go take a nap...
Around the house...
There are lots of things that need to be done, many of which I would rather not get to anytime soon. All of the closets need to be cleaned out and organized. Our linen closet in our bedroom is out of control, I went to grab a towel this morning and I thought I was being attacked by everything else that was falling down on me.
One of my favorite things...
My new red sunglasses.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
I'm attending a Relief Society activity at the church tomorrow night. It is to celebrate the "birthday" of the Relief Society organization in our church. With more than 5.2 million members in more than 170 countries, the Relief Society is one of the oldest and largest women’s service organizations in the world. I am so thankful for the opportunity it provides for me to serve and reach out to others. Also, Riley has games tonight and Saturday so hopefully the weather stays nice.
Something to remember...
I went to visit Kristen in the hospital this morning and got to hold her new baby boy Colton. He was asleep the whole time I held him and I couldn't stop thinking about how little babies are the sweetest things in the entire universe. If I got to sit and rock new babies all day long I would be one happy lady. It never ceases to be amazing to me that these tiny little human beings are so precious and perfect.


6 comments:
LOVIN' those red shades. I totally need a new pair. Have fun with your family.
Oh I love your red sunglasses. You look so good in red.
I will have to try your homemade pizza dough recipe. I have been wanting to try homemade pizza.
Thanks so much for coming to visit this morning. It was great to have some company. I want to try your pizza recipe too. Have fun in OR visiting your family. How fun that Tucker and Tamra are home for a few days. I too love your red sunglasses! So stylish and fun.
here's to next week...and hopefully a little more calm! isn't it funny how kids need several pairs of jeans cause after they wear them once you HAVE to wash them!(and patch them...:)
Those are cute sunglasses! So fun!
Babies really are the best thing. If you ever find a job where you can rock babies all day long, put in a good word for me, cuz I would love it too!
Have a great week, Sarah!
I'll be expecting that pizza dough recipe soon! We miss Pizza Hut.
Post a Comment