Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




March 6, 2009

Short Rundown














(can't wait to see these beautiful trees blossoming up and down the streets)
picture via

This week has been so laid back and relaxed at our house for the most part. Other than Riley starting soccer (real practices, even though they've been doing conditioning for the last few weeks) things have been pleasantly slow. He leaves about 6:30 pm and doesn't get home until around 9:30 pm or so. He knows I can get kind of bitter about their practice and game schedules so I think he's been trying to be extra nice this week. :) He has been gone really early for work all week as well, so he has been one tired guy. The soccer team has their annual sleep over tonight at the high school. Who wouldn't want to chaperone some 40+ high school boys who will probably stay up until the wee hours of the morning?


I just put Morgan down for a nap and I can tell he is feeling so much better because he is getting back to his happy, fun little self. He still has the worst runny nose though, yuck. Poor little guy takes off sprinting (and he is fast) when he sees me coming at him with a tissue. The humidifier in his room has helped a lot, and I think he realizes it because when I go to put him to sleep he points to it and then points to the wall outlet for me to plug it in. Bless his little heart. He loves to play catch and he throws so hard we have to make him backup. Little boys are like puppies in a lot of ways. I can sit and play "fetch" with him - I'll throw his little foot ball into the living room and then he'll chase it down and come throw it back to me. I get such a kick out of his stubby little legs running in super-speed mode.


Kendle has had a fun week at school. Some people from Petland came to their school yesterday and brought some animals with them. She said they were all very cute, but she liked the little dog the best. Big surprise. I've never met another little girl who likes dogs so much, in fact probably 90% of her stuffed animal collection consists of dogs and puppies. They must also have been talking about St. Patrick's day in her class because yesterday she came home and wanted to Google "are leprechauns real?" She sat at the computer for a long time and looked up all sorts of information about leprechauns. Then she went in her room for a while and drew a picture at her desk of a rainbow with a leprechaun gaurding a pot of gold at the end. She is a funny girl. When she gets something in her head that she wants to know about, she will pepper you with questions until your throat is sore from talking. She wants to know about everything. She is getting so tall now too, I just can't believe it. She is one of the youngest in her grade, but just keeps growing like a weed. Must be all of that peanut butter she eats. Maybe she will get some height like her aunt Tamra.


I've been loving this sunshine and am getting antsy to start sprucing up our yard. I absolutely love this time of year and have been airing out our house all week. I should have been doing some spring cleaning this week since things have been so slow, but it was nice to just kind of relax and take it easy and try and nurse myself back to health. I have cleaned out my closet (although that feels like a constant chore) and some of Kendle's things and have a huge pile of clothes I need to do something with. Some items are too nice to just give away, so maybe if I'm feeling motivated enough I'll post them on my blog and anyone who wants something can come pick it up. Tonight I'm going to make some chicken potato soup and homemade bread for dinner. After I put the kids down, I'm going to watch Australia. We saw it at the movie theater and I just loved it. I can't understand why the critics didn't like it - I thought it was great. I think Baz Luhrmann is a genius. So that's my fun Friday night in a nut-shell.


Hope everyone has a great sunshine filled weekend!

7 comments:

dandee said...

I still haven't seen Australia...hopefully Blockbuster will have some copies left and I can finally enjoy it.

Have a happy weekend!

Kris said...

I just got back from BB and Australia was gone. Maybe I should come over and watch it with you tonight! :) Glad you've been able to enjoy a relaxing week. It's nice to have those after being so busy for so many weeks. I know what you mean about the clothes. I have a ton of stuff that Sydnee is all grown out of, and it's too nice to just give to Goodwill! Glad you guys are starting to feel better.

hatch said...

I have been wanting to see Australia too! I heard so many great things about it! Enjoy your night. I hear you on the cloths thing. I am glad Chloe has a cousin that I can hand stuff down to.

tharker said...

I was just thinking the same thing about boys today. I was vaccuuming the stairs, and Jake was playing with one of the attachments. I asked him if he would hand it to me so I could finish the stairs and told him I would give it back when I was done.

So after I finished, I tossed it to him, but it went a little too far. No problem though, because he bounded over to it just as a little puppy would and grabbed it. I seriously thought, "Boys are just like dogs" I guess our minds are on the same page today ;)

Enjoy your movie!

Anonymous said...

did i tell ya or did i tell ya...we love our humidifier. so much that we have 2! when our kids are sick they immediately ask for one. good thing there's something they look forward to when they're sick! :)

momtovey said...

I used to love dancing around the house with you kids when you were little too. Later it was just listening to you play beautiful music on the piano. Funny how so much of our life has revolved around music or visa versa!

Nancie said...

good job on cleaning stuff out. thats the next thing on my list. Mitch has too many clothes he doesn't wear.

good luck with riley and the sleepover. We have those with VB too and I think the coaches are the ones who take the longest to recover.