I realized I haven't done a journal post since back in April before I got bad morning sickness with the twins. Thought I better start back up.
Outside my window.....
It's been raining and wet and we've had foggy mornings all week. Kendle has been in heaven getting to use her new umbrella she got to pick out last Saturday at Target. It's white with polka dots and she's been more excited about carrying it around than anything else lately.
I am thinking....
About how much I liked the movie "Sherlock Holmes" starring Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, and Rachel Mcadams. Riley wanted to see it for his birthday so we went last night and we loved it. I love a good action adventure. It just goes to show that sometimes you shouldn't listen to other people's opinions since I had heard from a few people that they didn't like it. We thought it was awesome. I loved the set, the music, and all the actors. No bad language either which was a welcome change since the last movie we saw was Avatar and it seemed like every other word in that was bad.
I am thankful for....
The opportunity to be a mother. I learn something new every day.
From the kitchen....
Riley and one of his buddies are BBQing and smoking some meat today and every time I open the fridge I can smell the meat that is marinating. For some reason it takes on a really strong garlic odor. I love to eat garlic, but not smell it. It's kind of making me gag. It reminds me of this old man we used to pick up for church when I was a kid and he always smelled like garlic because he would eat tons of dill pickles.
I am going....
To try and tackle about fifty loads of laundry today and hack out the jungle that has become the children's room. Every bedroom in our house has the same problem - too many clothes. I try and pair down, but the kids are at the age where they grow out of things so quickly it can be hard to keep up with the cleaning out process. Especially the twins. I have laundry baskets full of things they have already grown out of. Yikes! They are already wearing a lot of size 6 months clothing.
I am hoping....
Kendle has a good day at school today. I had kind of a cross moment with her before she left for the bus about her homework and I feel horrible. It was one of those moments where I could have fixed things for her, but I realized she needed to learn a valuable lesson of accepting her own consequences.
I am hearing....
Babies babbling and Morgan singing along to Dora the Explorer. The usual background to my day.
Around the house....
There are so many little projects that need to be done or finished. It seems like we can never quite get caught up. Hoping to cross some more off this weekend.
One of my favorite things....
I love the smell of baby lotion. There is almost something magical about the smell of a freshly bathed baby covered with Johnson's baby lotion.
A few plans for the weekend....
Kendle is going to a friends tonight and then a birthday party at Monkey Dooz tomorrow. We are hanging out with some friends tonight. Riley has soccer tomorrow and then hopefully can work on some things for me after that. I need to go to the library sometime either today or tomorrow. That's about it.
February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I kind of got out of the habit of doing this too... I think I will start again too. I always enjoy these posts of yours, Sarah.
Have a great weekend!
I was just thinking this week, that I should do one of these entries. I too love your posts Sarah. A simple day in your life, is always so intriguing to me! Happy Weekend my Friend!
Post a Comment