
I saw this cute idea on tatertots and jello to make a family rules canvas.
I don't do a lot of "craft" type projects but I thought this particular one would benefit our family and keep me from repeating all my good advice over and over. All I would have to do is point to the family rules and the children would happily obey and do the right thing. No? I'm living in la la land? Ya, probably. But it's still cute. Also I like that it took limited supplies, the main ones being a blank canvas, scrapbook paper, mod podge, and scrap booking letters or any stick on letters. A paper cutter also comes in handy too. I found a cheap canvas on sale, spray painted it black, figured out what "rules" I wanted to use, cut the paper into strips, stuck the letters on, mod podged and that's about it. I may or may not add some ribbon to the back for hanging on the wall. Right now I just have it leaning on a shelf.
I really enjoyed making it and it has reminded me of the little everyday things we do and say that make a big difference. This is probably good more for me than anyone else!

Do you have any family rules of your own that you find yourself saying over and over again?


4 comments:
Love it.
I find myself telling the kids (particularly Maelin): "When you ask a question, please stop and listen to the answer so you don't have to keep asking it!" Can ya frame that one for me? Ha!
Love this craft. So cute.
That is adorable. You did a great job.
Love it. Great idea and it looks awesome. Good job!
Post a Comment