Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




March 1, 2010

Green for Spring

I have been stuffed up with a bad cold for the last few days and house bound for the majority of last week. I was getting cabin fever and antsy to be out in the beautiful sunshine that graced us with its glorious presence. I had a desperate need for something springy and fresh to help sweep away the winter blahs.

I've been slowly incorporating some new pops of color into our little home that make me happy every time I walk by.

Here's a little look in my kitchen:











I decided I am going to take a break from so much red for a while. I still love red, but just needed something more spring like. I seriously feel like this little re-do has breathed new life into my kitchen. I'm still on the hunt for some accessories to fill in with, like a green fruit bowl. I decorated the plates and the platter and everything was either from the dollar store or marked down at Target.


So easy and making me so happy!

I think the spring weather is getting my project mo-jo running. I have lots of fun things I'm working on and it feels great.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I love the green! So cute!

Kris said...

My green plates and greenery is coming out this week. Love the new look! I agree, once V-Day is over, it's time for the Spring Colors to come out! Hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Very cute! Spring is the hardest for me to decorate cuz I am NOT an easter decoration fan. I heart the polka dots!

Anonymous said...

Even if it's a Duck color, I like a little green in my home on occassion as well! Really does give a home a fresh feeling. Looks great!

PRP said...

It looks great! I love the green and there''s nothing better than classic green and white. Have fun!

PROUD MOMMY said...

Love that! Spring + nesting is starting to get my creative mo-jo going too. I'm not quite as mobile now though, so my mom's helping revamp my master bath this weekend...gotta love moms :)

tharker said...

Love the green birdy platter! So cute!!