Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




April 12, 2010

Done.....Well, Not Really







(my good friend Natallie took the above four pictures, she is great at the action shots)




(I LOVE this picture of Michelle. These girls played in every possible type of weather.
Tough girls.)



Saturday Riley finished his season coaching the girls U-14 club team, "The Rage". It was quite an accomplishment for his first year of coaching club soccer. They finished undefeated and won their league title. They led their league in scoring and only gave up 5 goals in the regular season! They finished league play back in November, but have been playing in the State Cup the last month or so. Saturday they played the number 1 team in the state and played really tough only losing 1-0. Riley was very proud of how his girls ended the season and their effort in that game. They ended up placing 3rd in the state which is not too shabby. I know I complain a lot about how much he is gone and that all I hear about is soccer, soccer, and more soccer, but I am really proud of him and how he doesn't do anything half way, he doesn't do something just because he is being paid to do it. He gave those girls 100% of his efforts and it amounted to a successful season for everyone involved. It will be exciting to watch some of those girls who are moving up to his high school program in the fall as they progress and become even more amazing.


So at least for the next month or so, we will be back to Riley only coaching one team, IF you don't count all the work getting ready for girls high school soccer starting in June, and the club work that starts back up in the summer...............................................ahhhh, who am I kidding?

6 comments:

hatch said...

Those pictures are awesome!
You are such a supportive wife! You can Riley loves it!
By the way loved Kendle's outfit at church yesterday. She is so cute!

PROUD MOMMY said...

Oh the never ending soccer season. It just goes and goes. How I know it. Congrats to Riley, he did a great job w the girls.

Anonymous said...

thanks sarah! before the pictures loaded i thought to myself,"what in the world did i send sarah pictures of now!" :) :) although i didn't take the 3rd pic :) and that picture of riley w/ his arm around 18 was all him...he's a great coach, and you're a great assistant coach for letting him do so much of what he loves. i will have to try and make it out to a s.r. game one of these days...
great job riley and team for getting third...that is an awesome accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Riley!

Julie said...

He is a great coach! I know what you mean about soccer never ending....

tharker said...

The action shot in the massive puddle is awesome!