Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




May 12, 2010

Double Trouble

What is more fun than one baby teething? Two babies teething at the same time. Holy moly has it been crazy around here lately. Cooper and Kale literally do everything together. Cooper's first tooth started pushing through on Sunday and Kale's pushed through last night. I've been up to my eyeballs in blow out diapers, soggy drooled on clothes, and spit up. Not to mention that at any point in the day there is usually at least one baby that is unhappy and crying. Last night I was up until after 1:00 in the morning consoling fussy babies, one of which threw up all over me. I had changed my clothes and Kale's clothes and had him propped up in my bed with me as I was trying to soothe him and trying even harder to valiantly stay awake hoping Riley would get home soon from the game. Finally I heard the front door open and felt a sigh of relief. I know Riley was exhausted too, but thankfully came and got Kale and took him to try and rock him to sleep. I think I was literally falling asleep before he even got out of our room. I'm glad they are both seeming a little happier this morning. If I can get them both back to sleep soon, I'm going down for a rest myself. I do not do good on a tiny amount of sleep. My brain is fried.

9 comments:

PRP said...

Yikes! I wish I could help somehow. Hang in there!

Lisa said...

Just when you think it's getting easier, huh? It's things like that with twins that I hadn't even thought of...two babies teething.

Just five minutes ago Camryn asked me to have twins. I told her I couldn't control it, but no thank you. You are amazing. Hang in there.

tharker said...

Oh my...two teething at the same time. Here's to lots of frozen teething rings and a BIG nap for you today.

Anonymous said...

Oof. That's rough. May you get a wonderful nap this afternoon. Or this morning. Or whenever.

Anonymous said...

do you remember me asking just sunday if they were getting any teeth yet? whoops, sorry! :) :) let go of whatever you need to today. fill your well back up by reading, getting some quick shut eye, ordering a pizza for dinner and so on. teething can be a beast even to the happiest of babes.

Kris said...

We are all in awe of how you handle double of everything. I like Nat's idea. Get some rest, and an easy dinner. Thanks again for helping with Syd for the game! You are doing great!

PROUD MOMMY said...

That sounds exactly like what I was doing at 1am last night (minus the teeth). I was so happy to hear Chip walk through the door.

Last night I watched "Quintuplet Surpise" on TLC and was getting really anxious just thinking about having mulitples...good thing we're done :) Though it did make me feel like my situation isn't so bad (even in the middle of a sleepless night).

Julie said...

Oh man, I can barely handle one teething. Let me know if I can help take one of your hands so you can get a little nap.

PDX Toveys said...

For me, it was moments like that (feeling defeated) that made me feel sooo grateful that I only had two babies instead of three. Hang in there, what I do remember (I've blocked most of the bad out) is that Caleb & Alia got a lot easier after getting to 6 mos. I wish we lived closer. Take good care of yourself,
Molly