Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 22, 2010

Lazy Morning

I should be getting ready to workout right now, but since it was so quiet this morning the babies slept in much later than usual and probably won't go down for a nap at their usual time. Why was it so quiet? Mr. Morgan went home with my parents last night to stay with them. They came to help me last night so I could go watch Riley's team play. {The game was great, but it was freezing cold. It took me a good hour or more to warm up afterwards. I am a wimp when it comes to cold weather. I had to come home, get in some warm comfy pajamas, put on some warm fuzzy socks and have some hot chocolate {{sipped from my super cute new cups from IKEA}} and then I still had to pile a few more blankets on top of my comforter before bed.} So yes, my good dad decided they could take Morgan back with them and he could spend the day playing with his cousin Moira. My sister-in-law Debbie is so fun, she informed me this morning that they would be going to the park for a little picnic. I know Morgan will love that. He has been needing a fun little outing.

It is amazing how happy the babies wake up when they haven't been jolted awake by the morning barrage of noise. They fussed a little around 6 am, I quietly snuck them in each a bottle and they drank and fell back asleep for three more hours. Pure bliss to have a quiet house all to myself. I really should have done something more productive, but I feel like the rest of the day will more than make up for my lack of motivation this morning. I'm picking Kendle up from school early for another orthodontist appointment, just one of the many that will follow from here on out. Then we'll be off to soccer practice and running a few errands.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are funny sarah! there is a fine line between "sweating" to death and freezing for you :) it was chilly out yesterday evening. makes me wish i had a real fire to come home to...and eat melted chocolate off of! you should take the twins for a nice fall walk :)

PRP said...

Unexpected mornings like that are the best. So glad you got to spend it doing whatever you wanted.

Sarah said...

So true Nat. I like to enjoy "comfortable weather". In my defense though, the weather out at Southridge is about 10 degrees cooler than everywhere else and always a bit windy. Brrrr.......It felt more like November. Time to get out the big coats!

PROUD MOMMY said...

What?? The weather outside at the game last night was WARM compared to the hockey rink we had just come from!...But seriously, the weather at night has been getting chilly.

And Yay for getting some time to yourself!

Anonymous said...

Morgan has been SO good today. We had such a fun time at the park, we had a picnic, I jumped on the trampoline with them (a decision I may regret because #1: I will probably be very sore tomorroe, and #2: I think I have set quite the precedent and I'm not sure I'll be able to live up to these expectations from here on out). Now he and Mo are at the farm with Grandpa. How much more fun can a day get!? He is too cute. He holds Mo's hand everywhere they go. What good little buddies.

tharker said...

So glad you had a quiet morning all to yourself yesterday. My kids are off to school and Eva is down for her nap right now. I should be showering, folding some laundry, cleaning something...yet here I sit. Soaking in the quiet. And it is glorious! Good for you!!

Look at you with your cute new button! I think I'll grab one for my blog.