Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 30, 2010

This and That

Miss Kendle is adjusting to having her expander put in yesterday. She is frustrated that it is harder to eat and she was really grumpy this morning as she tried to eat cereal for breakfast, she finally gave up on it and ate some banana instead. It will be interesting to see how her lunch goes. Relearning how to eat is going to be a top priority. I would have thought having the expander on the roof of her mouth would have been more uncomfortable but so far she has only complained about the brackets on her two front teeth. They only put two on and are waiting for her other teeth to come in and she has one tooth that she needs to wiggle and help fall out. I was helping her take some pain medicine for it last night and accidentally banged the spoon on her teeth. Ouch! She was not happy about that. But, she is excited to being on her way to beautiful teeth!

{Got to love the "I just got done beating up on my little brother hair"}

Have I mentioned what a little snacker Mister Morgan is lately? Every time I turn around he is eating something or asking for a snack. He is like a little bird that grazes all day long. He is so skinny though, I figure it's not hurting him. He is stretching out and getting taller and has the skinniest little legs. I'm always trying to get him to drink more milk and I don't mind when he wants a spoonful of peanut butter. He has so much energy and is always playing and running and doing something. He hardly sits still for long. Last night I found him sitting on the kitchen counter snacking on an apple. 


I've never seen a little kid that drinks as much as he does either. He is always running to the fridge to fill up his cup for a drink. I don't think we will ever have to worry about Morgan staying hydrated!

In other exciting news, I have cut my time on running the mile by 45 seconds in the last month since I started running more consistently. I am aiming to cut off another 15 seconds in the next few weeks. I am feeling good but my knees are hurting me a little. My legs tend to get kind of sore because I have one leg that is a bit longer than the other (just one of my many oddities) so I think one leg tends to get more pressure put on it and it puts me off kilter a bit. Since we moved our treadmill into our bedroom and I can't watch TV anymore while I run I have to rely on a good playlist of workout music on my ipod. It totally keeps me going and keeps me pumped up and helps me run harder and longer than I think I can. Here's a small sampling:

Airplanes - B.o.B (Featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore)
Undo It - Carrie Underwood
When You Were Young - The Killers
Spotlight (Twilight Mix) - Mutemath
Heart of a Champion - Nelly
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Let the Drummer Kick - Citizen Cope
Something Good Can Work - Two Door Cinema Club
How Do You Get High? - The Weepies

I make sure to mix it up and change up the playlist every now and then so I don't get bored. Oh yeah, and it's always interesting to see what Morgan has been doing during my run. For example when he's supposed to be watching a movie and he's really been climbing up on the counter and eating all the sprinkles in the baking cupboard. Never a dull moment I tell ya.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a this and that post sarah! :) i liked it tho, it felt like i was reading an email :) it feels good to be a little quicker, feel a little stronger. glad there was no mention of sickness at your home. kendle will get the hang of her expander in no time. it'll be quite the change with her new smile huh?

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Ah braces.. I had an expander once upon a time and it was torture. the worst was saying the k sound. Eating wasn't so much the problem as the food getting stuck in it all the time NASTY! good luck and tell Keldle it is sooo worth it in the end.

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

I meant tell Kendle :) I'm a pro at hitting the wrong key.

tharker said...

Braces are no fun, but definitely worth all the pain. She looks adorable with her cute front teeth in brackets!

Morgan reminds me so much of Josh when he was younger. Never ending energy. ALWAYS hungry. And still skinny as can be. I am always amazed at how much energy little boys have!! No wonder they need to eat so much :) Just think of what it will be like when you have 3 teenage boys in your house!

Kris said...

Yeah it will only take a few more days and she'll get the hang of that expander. It's a pain, but so worth it. Love this cute grin. And Morgan, that boy is so cute. I love the picture of him on the counter! So fun. And you are just so awesome with your running. I'm so impressed. I need to get going again sometime!

Nancie said...

SAR you are an amazing mom.
running, feeding, tightening, chasing, the list goes on and on.
teenagers? oh man can you imagine the grocery bill?

ohilaryk@gmail.com said...

We're out of sprinkles too :) That would be my Kendal's doing. Love it!