Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 8, 2010

Turning 8, Part II

Since I let Kendle have a big friend party last year for her birthday and we took her to Silverwood the week before we decided this year to just have a family birthday celebration. We asked her what she would like to do and she wanted to go swimming one last time at the aquatic center in Hermiston and then go to Fudruckers for dinner. So that is what we did. I dropped Kendle, Morgan, and Riley off at the aquatic center for a few hours and headed to my parents house to make Kendle's cake while they swam and played. For dinner we all met back in Hermiston at Fudruckers and by we all I mean our family and also my mom and dad, and my brother and his wife and their three kids. Kendle is so excited that her cousins moved closer to us this summer and that she got to celebrate her birthday with them. It was a lot of fun. The food was super yummy, they have my favorite - sweet potato fries. Delicious! The twins loved them too. Kendle and the other kids had a great time eating and playing games. Then the employees came out and sang to Kendle and brought her some ice cream. She loved it. After that we headed back to my parents for birthday cake and presents. Kendle's cake was a big hit and she was also excited about her cool birthday presents. From us she got a nice little camera and photo album, grandma and grandpa bought her a guitar, and from her cousins and aunt and uncle she got lots of cute lip glosses and finger nail polishes (which she uses everyday). She told me it was one of her best birthdays ever.

A few days later her grandma Dodson came to pick her up and have an evening out as part of her birthday present from her. She also gave Kendle a really nice art set in a cool wooden case that she can close up and store (up high away from little hands). Kathy took her to the library, shopping to pick out a Webkinz she had been wanting, and out to dinner. Kendle had a great time.

Here are just a few pictures of her birthday night:













7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so funny sarah. i totally forgot about those tanks i got the twins! kendle's eighth bday will be one for the books. i'm guessing there's at least one more part! :)

Nancie said...

Congrats Kendle. I want a piece of that cake. I know you saved me some right?

hatch said...

That cake looks so good!!! Cannot wait to hear more about his cute girls eight birthday!

Kris said...

I too love that cake and need a piece right now. It's time to eat a morning treat. What a great way to spend her birthday with swimming, cousins, great food, and lots of good memories. Happy Birthday Kendle. I can't wait to hear Part III!

PDX Toveys said...

My teeth hurt looking at that cake, but my stomach would love a few pieces! Good times and we're proud of Kendle at it was cool to be at her baptism.

Anonymous said...

I think that is so cool that Kendle got to go on a special date with Grandma Kathy. We LOVED being around for Kendle's birthay and are so excited we'll be here for many more!

tharker said...

Sounds like it was a perfect way to spend her birthday!

I love the cake! I want to just snatch one of those Kit-Kats right off!

P.S.
How is it that HERMISTON has a Fudruckers? Can we please get some new restaurants around here? I'd happily give up one of our THREE Applebee's! :)