One of the most important reasons Kendle was so excited to turn 8, was that she would finally be old enough to be baptized. She has attended baptisms for older cousins and friends and anticipated the day it would be her turn. She has talked about it for months and months and crossed off the days on her calendar.
She was able to be baptized at the Parley Street church building surrounded by lots of family and friends. Riley performed the baptism and confirmation and my father, my grandfather, and two of my older brothers - Jeremy and Richard were also able to help with the confirmation. She wanted her grandpa to give the talk on the Holy Ghost and he gave her some good advice. One thing in particular he counseled her and the other little girls that were baptized was to take a moment in the morning before they rush out the door for school to just pause a minute and let the Holy Ghost "catch up" to them so they could have it's companionship on their way to school and through the rest of their day. I reminded Kendle of that this week as she was heading down the sidewalk for the bus and I think it has helped her. It was a good little thought.
One thing I will always remember about Kendle's baptism was her smiling face as she came out of the water and as I was helping her change her clothes, she just had a perma-grin the whole time. I have thought about what that day would be like for a long time and I was very proud of her.
She was excited to receive some really nice scriptures from her grandma and grandpa Tovey and a pretty CTR ring and bracelet from Riley and I. She was afraid she was going to lose her ring if she wore it to school, but she's worn the bracelet every day - even to soccer practice which I had to warn her might not be the best idea, although with how wild things can get at soccer practice maybe it's not a bad idea after all. Ha.
Another thing about turning 8 that is really exciting to Kendle is that she is able to attend Activity Days at the church two times a month on Wednesday afternoons with the other girls her age. She's been really looking forward to being able to start going to that and working on her Faith in God requirements. She got to go to Activity Day for the first time last week and had a great time and loved her leaders. They played a get to know you game and had some little candy treats for getting answers right. Totally right up Kendle's alley. She is already super excited to go again next week.
She was able to be baptized at the Parley Street church building surrounded by lots of family and friends. Riley performed the baptism and confirmation and my father, my grandfather, and two of my older brothers - Jeremy and Richard were also able to help with the confirmation. She wanted her grandpa to give the talk on the Holy Ghost and he gave her some good advice. One thing in particular he counseled her and the other little girls that were baptized was to take a moment in the morning before they rush out the door for school to just pause a minute and let the Holy Ghost "catch up" to them so they could have it's companionship on their way to school and through the rest of their day. I reminded Kendle of that this week as she was heading down the sidewalk for the bus and I think it has helped her. It was a good little thought.
One thing I will always remember about Kendle's baptism was her smiling face as she came out of the water and as I was helping her change her clothes, she just had a perma-grin the whole time. I have thought about what that day would be like for a long time and I was very proud of her.
She was excited to receive some really nice scriptures from her grandma and grandpa Tovey and a pretty CTR ring and bracelet from Riley and I. She was afraid she was going to lose her ring if she wore it to school, but she's worn the bracelet every day - even to soccer practice which I had to warn her might not be the best idea, although with how wild things can get at soccer practice maybe it's not a bad idea after all. Ha.
Another thing about turning 8 that is really exciting to Kendle is that she is able to attend Activity Days at the church two times a month on Wednesday afternoons with the other girls her age. She's been really looking forward to being able to start going to that and working on her Faith in God requirements. She got to go to Activity Day for the first time last week and had a great time and loved her leaders. They played a get to know you game and had some little candy treats for getting answers right. Totally right up Kendle's alley. She is already super excited to go again next week.
So far being 8 really is great!
Photo memories of the special day:


{Typical family picture of us - Cooper was just about to grab Kendle's flower in her hair, Kale and Morgan aren't looking at the camera, and Riley is super sun burnt from coaching his soccer game earlier that day.}



7 comments:
judging from the family picture i'd say neither your dad or morgan were impressed with my photography humor! :):) and the good thing about riley's burn was that you couldn't tell when he was experiencing an emotional moment. i'm glad so much of your family could be there for kendle's big day.
Kendle looked so pretty in her dress. I hope it's a day she remembers for the rest of her life.
I love to see the excitement on her face on her special day! She looks so beautiful and SO happy. What a sweet girl!
I love her dress and that cake is fantastic!!
I LOVE Kendle's dress. She looks gorgeous. What a special day for her with so many cousins and family there. I love Riley's sunburned face. I can just see how excited she was about going to Activity Days. What a special week for your girl. Congrats Kendle on getting baptized.
Good times! Glad I and the kids were able to be there. Thanks for all the food, drink and football after. You would have thunk after such a spiritual event the Beavs would have done better? haha
Oh yea, and Riley's raccoon face was classic!
Jer
How pretty she looked and I LOVE the cake idea. Congrats Kendle!
This made me smile, especially the part about the CTR ring, seeing as I sell them :)
Your daughter is beautiful.
Post a Comment