Our weekend fun started on Friday when we surprised the kids with a family day trip to Seattle to see the HarryPotter Exhibition at the Pacific Science Center. Kendle was so excited and kept asking us the whole way there what it was going to be like. We had a great trip and luckily the roads were dry and safe. When we got to the PSC, we were told we would not be allowed to take pictures or video or anything of the sort once we entered the exhibit hall. We were so bummed! There were so many cool things that would have been awesome to have those memories of. The very first thing we encountered upon entering was an actor that was welcoming us and let some of the children try out the sorting hat. It was great! All the kids got a kick out of it. As a whole there were lots, and lots of interesting memorabilia and staged rooms from the movies. They also had a few hands on activities like pulling out mandrakes in the herbology lab and throwing quaffles through hoops in the quidditch display. Our kids liked those rooms the best. I think that is one thing that could have improved it a bit was more hands on activities and displays. My favorite room was Hagrid's hut. We got to sit in his big comfy chair. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there. I would recommend going if you are a big HP fan or if you were going to be in Seattle anyways and were looking for something fun to do with your kids. (Although, younger children might not find it as fun or interesting.) The tickets were a little overpriced in my opinion, but I think it was still worth going to.
After that we battled the horrible (and I mean, really, really horrible) traffic and finally got out of the city a little ways to stop for some dinner at Red Robin. The kids had been wanting a milkshake all day long. I think Morgan probably asked at least ten or twelve times. So finally we got them a milkshake. Because it took so long for us to get a table the manager brought us a complimentary appetizer. I have to say the babies were great up until this moment in time and then they were just starving. As long as we kept food coming their way and their little chubby fists stuffed with fries they were perfectly happy. After we were all done eating, we packed everybody back up in the car, changed them all into jammies for the ride home and took off. We got as far as the gas station to fill up when Riley realized he forgot his debit card, so back to Red Robin we went. Whew! Then had to stop one more time to get some milk for the babes and then we were really on our way. It was a quiet drive home. We pulled into our drive way around midnight, put all the kids to bed, and then I think Riley and I were asleep before our heads even hit our pillows. What an exhausting but awesome day! I can honestly say we really had a fun time. We were hesitant about taking the twins, but they are great little travelers and didn't make a peep during the whole time at the Harry Potter exhibit. Everyone slept in Saturday morning and that NEVER happens, so I know the kids must have been just as tired as we were.
Saturday morning we spent cleaning out the car and doing some house cleaning and laundry and hurried to get done so we could watch the Civil War game, which to Oregon football fans is the biggest game of the year. Sad to say our team lost, but it was still a pretty good game and not too big of a blowout. Better luck next year Beavers. After the game we dropped the kids off at our SGB's (soccer girls babysitters) in Kennewick. These girls are awesome. They love to watch our kids and our kids think it is the biggest treat in the entire world. They are always asking to go over there. Then we headed to Famous Dave's to meet up with Johnny and Julie for dinner. Riley and Johnny received Famous Dave's gift cards from their team so they took us ladies out for date night. We kept joking that we are cheap dates. After filling up on delicious food, we all went and got pedicures. Yep, that's right, all of us. We enjoyed some pampering and the guys enjoyed the relaxation as well. I could tell Riley was looking kind of sleepy. After that we headed to the mall to do some shopping/browsing for a while and ended the night with some Cinnabon's. That was a lot we packed in and still picked our kids up by just a little after 9:00. That was quite the date. I think the guys definitely deserved an A+.
I told Riley, see this is what every weekend could be like if we had an unlimited amount of money and you weren't coaching soccer every Saturday. Ha, ha.
December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
That sounds like a blast! I totally want to go see that! I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend!
The exhibit sounds like it was so much fun! (bummer for not being allowed to snap pictures though) We went to Seattle in October and were planning on going, but then realized that the exhibit didn't open until the week AFTER we were there. Stink!
Your whole weekend sounds like it was so great!
I am always telling Chip that same thing "if we didn't coach"...but then we wouldn't have the extra $ to do the fun stuff!
Glad you guys had a great family weekend.
Sounds like an awesome weekend minus the Harry Potter stuff! hahahaha
What a great weekend. I love that Riley and Johnny surprised you and took you and Julie out. What a fun treat! That's awesome! Your trip to Seattle sounds fun too!
Do you know how long the exhibit is going to be there? Spence would love it.
And yum, Cinnabon...
Karen, it goes until the end of January. You can click on the link in this post to get more info.
It sure wasn't a cheap date after all! It was so fun. Best date I have had in a very long time. A+ for sure!
Post a Comment