Today I spontaneously decided that today was the day I was getting rid of Cooper and Kale's bottles. It was something I have been wanting to do for a while, but I had been afraid of the consequences -- no sleep. They are almost 15 months and that is a lot longer than I let Kendle or Morgan keep theirs. They only get one at nap time and bed time, (the most crucial parts of the day), so out of the blue figured I would make the leap today. We got home from picking up Morgan from preschool and I filled up their sippy cups and laid them both down. They were SO mad. They cried and cried and gave me their best dirty looks and threw all their blankets and the cups out of their beds and shook the cribs. I quietly went in and picked everything up and laid them back down and they cried for a bit longer and then went to sleep. I won't be jumping up and down until bed time goes as smoothly. What a relief it will be to no longer have bottles lined up on my counter and the chore of scrubbing and washing them day in and day out. And let's face it, they both look big and strong enough to bench press each other so it was starting to look a bit silly for them to have a bottle anyways. It was a comfort thing at this point. It is so crazy to think it was not that long ago that I would rock and hold one in each arm and feed them both. How did I ever manage that, I do not know. Now they hardly sit still long enough to let me hold them and rock them unless they wake up at night. There are days when I wouldn't mind going back to those times as I'm already starting to forget the little details of their early months and their cute little newborn faces. We are moving into a new stage of life here folks.
*Post Edit: Last night went really well!
February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hooray! That is something to celebrate for sure.
That's awesome! Yea!
Congratulations. I let Mo keep hers for WAY too long. It's a great day when they give those up!
Glad that it's going well! I remember my mom gave me some advice with Tyler. To take them away shortly after they are 1 and before they get attached. This is the perfect age! Good Job!
Post a Comment