Wikipedia states: The word green is closely related to the Old English verb growan, “to grow”. It is used to describe plants or the ocean. Sometimes it can also describe someone who is inexperienced, jealous, or sick. In America, green is a slang term for money, among other things. Several colloquialisms have derived from these meanings, such as “green around the gills”, a phrase used to describe a person who looks ill.
So In honor of today's holiday here are some of my favorite green things:

Granny Smith's make one heck of a good pie. And I love how they look piled high in a big bowl for decoration as well. One word - fresh.
Who doesn't love Kermit? Enough said.
On first glance, pesto is not that appealing. But if you can get past the look it is so delicious!
I may or may not have been borderline obsessed with the Wizard of Oz in my younger years, and the part where they reach the Emerald City is by far my favorite scene. I wanted to live in the Emerald City. OK, still do.
There is something about a perfectly mowed baseball diamond that can make me stare at it for hours. Green grass + baseball just screams summer to me.
Much to my mother's dismay, I was (and still am) an avid pickle lover growing up. She insists that she could come in my room at night while I was sleeping and smell garlic in the air. Gross huh? That crunchy, garlic goodness calls to me.
There are days when I wish I could turn into the Incredible Hulk. Or just have him as my side-kick. Maybe I'd get out of Walmart a tad bit faster.
I always have a pack of this gum in my purse, car, kitchen junk drawer, or anywhere else I can stash it. Gotta have it on hand for after I eat all of those pickles and pesto.
It's not very often that you see green flowers, but I think these green hydrangeas are so pretty.
If I had to make a list of my all-time favorite songs, "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green would definitely be on there. Every couple should have a "song". Riley and I have a couple, and this is one of them.
Have a great green wearing St. Patrick's Day!!!





11 comments:
Yum, you have me wanting some apple pie!
Let's stay together is one of my favorites too. I still think back to when Justin Guarini sang it in the first season of American Idol. I loved that!
I'm also a pickle lover. You're making me want one now!
Sarah, this is why I love your blog. I love how some simple green things just make you happy! A baseball field, yeah, I can totally see that. The gum, and of course you know someone named Al Green for St. Patrick's Day. I'm excited to eat my green dinner tonight! This was fun, hope your day is good too!
It's the only day of the year that our entire family wears green and can feel good about it. We wouldn't want to be mistaken for Duck fans now would we?
Right on Deb.
I made my kids wear green today but I was surprised at school that there weren't very many others wearing it. Aren't we supposed to? Where is the fun?
Thanks for the reminder of all the greeny goodness out there.
I am green with envy of not thinking about this today. I did wear green, but I have alot on my mind today. That was great Sarah.
Funny, I was online earlier looking for a pesto recipe! Do you have a great one or do you buy it already made?
Great post! Loved being green today!
Yes, I would love to take an advanced order for cake in June. :)
i totally forgot about spday. Cute post. love that kermit.
Post a Comment