Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




February 18, 2009

*Birthday Girl*

I want to give a big shout out to my little sis who is turning 19 today!

I can still remember the day she was born - I was in the fourth grade and I couldn't have been more excited to be getting a little sister of my very own. She was the cutest, chubbiest little baby with big old dark brown eyes and curly dark hair. She was such a fun little thing to be around.

Fast forward 19 years and she's all grown up (almost). Tamra is such a fun little sister to have. We can laugh at the same stupid jokes and movies until we have tears in our eyes. She has an interesting mind, very creative and unique. We like a lot of the same things, but also have totally different tastes on others and that's OK. It keeps things from getting boring. She's very goal oriented which is something I greatly admire - if she sets her mind on doing something she's going to see it through until it happens.

Here are some more fun facts about Tamra, I took these from her 25 random facts page on Facebook so imagine her writing this:


*I absolutely hate scary movies. I don't understand why people like to be scared. It's not meant to be fun. It's meant to be scary. That's how people have heart attacks.


*Growing up, it was an unwritten rule that if you didn't beat me to the mashed potatoes...there wouldn't be much left. I always strategically sat/stood next to them so right after prayer was over I could go in for the kill. I always won.


* If I ate Chinese food one day, and Mexican food the next, and then Chinese again, and Mexican again....every single day...I would be happy.


* I looove to dance and I don't even care if I look like a fool...'cause I will do it anyways. I love to krump.


* It's rare that I care what people think about me. And I'm not just one of those people that says that to try to be cool...remember 'cause I hate when people try too hard. I just really don't feel like wasting the energy to be the way people think I should be. It's not worth it.


*When I was little I hit my head a lot, stepped on the same nail twice, fell off a swing set and cut my bum open on a screw, fell off the trampoline a time or two, crashed my bike over and over and over again, and shaved my tongue...just a few of many spazzy injuries. My family said I had Exploding Syndrome...where I would just explode and lose control of my body and whack into stuff. They also thought I was going to have some sort of brain damage...and I turned out just fine :)


* Mayonnaise just isn't right. It just shouldn't exist. Condiments freak me out.


* I'm honest, but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. I don't like to confront people because I think it's rude. If someone asks me what I think, I will tell them. If I know someone said something mean about someone, but it's unimportant, I wont tell them because I wouldn't want someone to tell me if someone said something mean about me. Stuff like that hurts peoples feelings, and I'm not really into that.

These are just a few reasons why we love Tamra. We think she's an A++++++++++

Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Tam is one cool chick. I feel pretty proud to call her my sis-in-law.

Kris said...

Tam is so lucky to have you as a sister. I love how close you are with your family. She is so gorgeous too! Happy Birthday Tamra!

Jan said...

Yay for sisters. Happy Birthday.

Heather said...

OH, I'm just picturing a cute, chubby baby with curls... so sweet. Happy Birthday Tam!

Tamra said...

awww shucks. I never would have gotten this cool if it wasn't for a big sister to teach me how :)