Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




February 2, 2009

Journal Day

*For Today February 2, 2009*

Outside my window...
I just sent Kendle off to school and the sky is looking pretty drab and gray. There might be a small chance of some sunshine peeking through some clouds today. One nice thing is that it has not been as cold the last few days. Today is Groundhogs Day, and that groundhog saw his shadow and ran back in his hole. Will we have 6 more weeks of winter? I think Al Gore would have a few choice words for that groundhog.

I am thinking...
How nice it would be to go back to bed or get a good nap in later today. Morgan has been so sick all weekend with a bad cough that has been keeping us up at night. You know you're kids are really sick when they get excited and smile to take their medicine and go run and get you the little nose suction thing-a-ma-bob to get all the gunk out of their nose. Or maybe that's just my child.

I am thankful for...
My extended family. Saturday my grandmother turned 80, and we were able to go visit her for a few hours and see some aunts, uncles, and cousins that were in town. They are all great people who would do anything to help you and are a really fun bunch. I think it's amazing that Kendle loves going to my grandparents house as much as I did when I was her age. I feel so blessed that she is able to know my grandparents and have a relationship with them that I hope she will remember for the rest of her life.

From the kitchen...
I have a plethora of brownies and cookies left over from this weekend. I need to get them out of my house pronto. One of my favorite cookie recipes that is so easy:

Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine (one stick)
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips (or peanut butter chips)

Mix all ingredients together, chill in the fridge until firm. Roll into balls and place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 8-10 minutes.

They are scrumptious! Hence, the reason why I need to get them out of my house.

I am wearing...
Warm up pants and a sweatshirt. I am not a person who gets really dressed up every day unless I'm going somewhere. Which I might be later, but I need to work out this morning.

I am creating...
Some invitations for Kendle's Valentine's party and for a meeting at my house this coming Sunday. I'm not very good at these things, and I'll probably just break down and go buy something.

I am going...
To try and get started on our taxes this week. It is one of my least favorite things to do. It pretty much just makes me rehash the sickening reality of exactly how much money is taken out of Riley's checks every month. We always say we will do something fun with our tax returns and we never do. It ends up going to new tires or something practical like that, only because I am a worry wart. If it was up to Riley we'd fly off to some exotic vacation for a week.

I am reading...
I just finished another book by Richard Paul Evans titled "Grace". It was a very touching story about a girl who runs away from her home because of abuse and meets a kind boy who lets her stay in his clubhouse in the field behind his family's home. The ending was really sad though.

I am hoping...
To get lots of laundry done today so I don't have to do it the rest of the week. That would be a good thing.

I am hearing...
The dryer going and Riley getting ready for work. Morgan is just starting to stir in his crib. I can't believe he slept through all of the hustle and bustle this morning.

Around the house...
I have days where I want to take every last thing out of my house and start over. Too much clutter and stuff starts to make me feel claustrophobic. We need another bookshelf as ours is overflowing. We are ready for a bigger house.

One of my favorite things...
Strawberry Lemonade. I bought some more Country Time strawberry lemonade mix over the weekend and sliced up some strawberries and lemons and froze them. I can pull some out any time I want to make a yummy drink and they taste so good. Like a little taste of summer.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Kendle is attending a birthday party for a friend tonight, Riley's birthday is tomorrow night, I have lots of planning for primary and scouts, and I need to work on my sharing time for this Sunday. I'm going to work out every day this week. I'm probably forgetting something.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



















*picture via Real Simple

8 comments:

PRP said...

I'm loving this John Mayer song on your playlist...I'll have to get that.

Good luck with your busy week!

Kris said...

Jack is almost done with our Taxes. I'm impressed that you do them. You are so awesome. Your strawberry lemonade drink sounds so yummy! I need to try that. I think that will be my new favorite treat! I'm impressed with your determination to work out every day this week! You are awesome!

tharker said...

Thank goodness for Turbo Tax and direct deposit. Hopefully our bank account will be saying hello to our refund sometime this week! (also, thank goodness that Spencer does them, and not me!!)

That darn groundhog! I am ready for a little spring time weather!

Anonymous said...

i make a drink like that. i take refrigerated strawberry's(in a little tub) in kind of a syrup and mix it in with limeade from concentrate. gives me my sonics fix when i need it! :)

Anonymous said...

We hate living all the way down here. We always miss out on the fun stuff. I can't believe Grandma Katie is 80! What a lady!

hatch said...

As always I love these journal posts. It is fun to get a glimpse into your life. I sure missed Kendle yesterday. It was not the same without her.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RILEY!! one year older and.... :)

Marilyn said...

I actually love doing taxes, but ever since a couple of years ago, we started having an accountant do it because it's more complicated when you have a corporation, I kind of miss doing it.

Happy Birthday Riley!