Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




February 9, 2009

Journaling

*For Today February 9th*

Outside My Window...
It's cold and a bit frosty. Drab and grey. February is an interesting month for weather around here. You never know what you are going to get.

I am thinking...
About Kendle. I just sent her off to school and it is always a very tense time in the morning. We're always rushing to get her out the door and she is not the easiest little girl to help get ready for school. She is so particular about how things have to be. Socks have to have seams perfectly straight, no tags touching her, etc...by the time I get her on her way to the bus I am exhausted. Funny thing is even though we tend to bicker a bit with each other as soon as she opens that door and hops down the front step she's all smiles and waving as she makes her way down the street. My happy little girl returns.

I am thankful for...
Parents that instilled good old traditional values in me while I was growing up. I feel like as a parent now of my own children, I have my feet firmly planted where they need to be. Even when you don't think your children are listening to you they are. I'm sure that's how my parents felt while they were trying to give me advice and teach me things when I was younger. But like they say, plant a seed and watch it grow....

From the kitchen...
I've got to stop making cookies. I hosted a meeting at my house last night and so I made some cookies. I don't think my working out will be productive until I can get all of the sweets out of my house. Out of sight, out of mind. It was nice to wake up to my sparkling clean kitchen this morning though.

I am wearing...
Pj's. Comfy, warm, and tempting me to not change into work-out clothes.

I am going...
To have an easy relaxing day. My house is clean, laundry is mostly done, I don't have to do sharing time this week, and I don't have anything pressing on my schedule for today. I LOVE days like this. Tonight after a short FHE lesson we are going to have our Harry Potter party for Kendle since we finished the 1st book last week. We're going to watch "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone", drink some "butter beer", eat some "licorice wands" and have a fun time.

I am reading...
Last week I started reading "The Shack" and I couldn't finish it. It was way too far out for me. I might have to go back and read the ending, but it just got too weird for me. Sorry if that offends anyone else who liked it. I usually try and stick it out, even if I'm not really into a book because I can't stand the thought of not finishing something I started but this was an exception. Now I'm a few chapters into "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" and am really liking it. I can tell it is going to be an interesting book.

I am hoping...
Riley's ankle recovery keeps improving. He goes to physical therapy three or four times a week and he feels like it is getting stronger. He still won't be able to run for about 4 or 5 more months, but we're hoping by summer it is almost back to "normal". It's funny how running doesn't sound that fun until you can't do it for a while. I think he is going to be bummed come soccer season when he can't do more while he's coaching. I can see a big improvement though just looking at his ankle, but we shall see how things go.

I am hearing...
The "Snuggy" infomercial on TV. It must be on every other commercial, either that or the "ShamWow".

Around the house...
I did a lot of cleaning over the weekend, so the house is in great shape. I even wiped down the piano to get all of the pesky little finger and hand prints off. They'll probably all be back by the end of the day though. We'd really like to do some repainting and new flooring in our kitchen/family room. I'm terrible at making a decision on colors and types of flooring though. We've been looking for months and I just can't make up my mind.

One of my favorite things...
I love, love, love Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly Lotion. Every time I wear it people ask me what perfume I'm wearing. I've used it for about six or seven years and I hope it never gets discontinued.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
I have a presidency meeting tomorrow afternoon, Kendle's party on Wednesday afternoon, adult Ward party on Friday night, and Valentine's Day on Saturday. It should be a fun and typically busy week. I need to make a bunch of heart shaped sugar cookies, and there I go with the cookies again......

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


















*picture via Real Simple

7 comments:

Jan said...

Love your journaling Sarah and I love your picture too. So perfect.

tharker said...

I love these journaling posts.

Your mornings with Kendle sound like my mornings with Hannah. It's so funny to me that she can be all grumpy until she marches out the door, and then that cute smile returns!

I wish my house was clean! That and laundry are on my agenda today. Blech.

PRP said...

Sweets are the death to me too. It's so hard for me to resist homemade sweets, and since you mentioned sugar cookies...crud!

Love your thoughts today.

PROUD MOMMY said...

that darn "snuggy". caleb is infomercial obsessed. we were driving the other day and i was fishing around for my cell phone and out of the backseat comes "mom, i told you that you need the 'smart clip'". Thanks for the help, Caleb! :)

hatch said...

Your mornings with Kendle sound just like my morning with Dylan. Glad to know that I am not the only one.

As always I love your journaling posts.

Kris said...

Oh those sugar cookies sound so yummy. So whenever you need to get rid of some cookies, you know my house is always willing to accept them. For another 7 weeks that is! :) Sounds like your week will be smooth sailing with lots of fun planned. Maybe that's how mine will turn out too! Great post! I love these. Proud Mommy's comment about the smart clip is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I want to come to the Harry Potter party! Sounds fun! You're such a good mom, Sarah.