*For Today April 6th 2009*
Outside my window...
We have been having the most gorgeous weather the last few days. The sun is out in full force in all its glory and spring has officially sprung. Saturday we went to the Southridge Soccer game and it was so warm I didn't even need my coat. I worked in the yard afterwards and pulled weeds and got rid of the debris from winter. Kendle helped me and we got quite a bit done. We let Bogie out to run around and we all just played and enjoyed the sunshine. Yesterday we were at my parents for Conference and it was so warm outside that the kids enjoyed running around and jumping on the trampoline. We all came home with some freckles I think. The weather forecast today is predicting it gets up to 72 degrees with lots of sun. Hurray! This is my favorite time of year.
I am thinking...
About our busy week we have ahead of us. I have lots to get done before the weekend, still need to do a little Easter shopping and get the kids' new Easter clothes pressed. I'd really like to get some nice pictures of Kendle and Morgan together in their cute outfits this year instead of our usual super fast pictures before we walk out the door for church, where kids are crying and upset.
I am thankful for...
My body. I am constantly reminded of the blessings of being healthy and strong. I'm thankful I can run around and chase my kids in the yard, and bend down to garden and plant flowers. I can lift and move things and take care of my family and my home.
From the kitchen...
My mother sent me home with extra food from dinner at their house yesterday (yum) including some of my grandma's famous rolls. Those will not last long around here. I need to do some baking today and try to get ahead a little bit for the rest of the week.
I am going...
To do my usual after the weekend disaster control this morning. Luckily it is not too bad since I did a ton of cleaning on Friday, and then we left Saturday night to stay at my parents house. Today will just be some little loads of laundry and tidying up. I need to keep working on my sharing time for primary on Sunday and possibly run to the store. I hate going for just one thing (diapers), so maybe I can get Riley to stop in for me instead on his way home. I do need some new gardening gloves as well though.
I am hoping...
My mother-in-law's doctor appointment goes well today. Her leg injuries are not healing and the prospects are not looking too good at this point. They will be running lots of tests today and looking at her options of what they can do from here. We are hoping and praying for the best.
I am hearing...
Dora the Explorer and Morgan laughing and talking to himself. He has a good little imagination and funny personality. I love listening to his little voice when he's playing and he doesn't know I'm around.
Around the house...
I got a lot done last week and I am enjoying my newly organized bedroom closet. I'm always amazed at how every time I clean out I am able to get rid of more stuff. Next I need to do Morgan's bedroom. He is too big for his changing table now, and we can move that out to the garage and free up some more space in his room. He loves to sit in his room and look at books, so it would be fun to get him a little chair to put in there.
One of my favorite things...
Cold, refrigerated peanut butter M & M's. Yum. Definitely one of my favorite treats. Only if their cold though, which is why I love Fairchild cinemas here in Pasco. They have them in a little freezer/fridge over by the snacks. Reason enough for me to like going there.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Riley has 3 Soccer games and practice, cousins coming to stay, birthday parties, a few meetings, and hopefully lots more sun so I can plant some flowers and spend more time outside.
A picture thought I am sharing...
Riley took Morgan to get a real hair cut last week (this picture was taken on his phone, so the quality is not very good). He said Morgan was such a good boy, sat perfectly still and didn't cry or make a fuss. When he got home I could tell he thought he was pretty hot stuff.


5 comments:
that is funny about the pb m&m's. i have some in my freezer! but i keep them in there so i don't eat them by the handful!:) hope you have some better news for riley's mom soon. congrats to riley on a great soccer season.
AHHH! Grandma's rolls!??! You're killin' me!
Morgan looks so handsome sitting up there like a big boy. Zack was HORRIBLE at that age getting haircuts.
Hope Kathy's appointment goes well...
I need some of those PB m&m's. Those are one of my favorite things to eat too. Sydnee came home and told me about Morgan getting a hair cut. What a big boy he is. Sheesh, you have yet another busy week. Good luck getting everything done!
Aren't you just eating up this gorgeous day? We spent the last hour and a half playing outside, and I couldn't get enough!
Morgan looks so grown up in this picture. What is it about a haircut that makes boys age so quickly?
I love PB M&M's too. They are just a little bit of heaven, don't ya think!
I can't wait to see your kids in their adorable Easter clothes. Morgan looks like such a big boy to me. Crazy how fast they grow up.
Good luck on your busy week!
Post a Comment