*Last night we went to the boys soccer game at Lampson. The weather was perfect for a game, just a tiny breeze and very comfortable. Southridge beat Eastmont (first time in school history) so they are in third place and having a great season so far. It's fun to see the growth and improvement of the boys on the team. They have two more games this week and we are hoping for wins. Chip, Riley, and Johnny put a lot of effort into working with the boys on their teams and spending lots of extra time strategizing and scouting their competition (much to the dismay of us wives most of the time), but it pays off.
*Morgan's new favorite toy is the "Abb Roller" he keeps pulling out of our closet. The scary thing is he can actually do it - and it is hard to do. He's going to be my little muscle man. He has a good little imagination and will play all day by himself for the most part.
*Between Kendle waking me up twice last night because she had scary dreams, and Riley's phone buzzing his alarm twenty times, I didn't get much sleep. I debated on going back to bed after Kendle left for the bus this morning, but didn't. I always feel like a bum when I go back to bed, but I sure was tempted today.
*I saw Dr. Laura on Hannity last night and want to read her new book "In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms". I love her no-nonsense approach to life.
*I bought a football shaped cake pan on sale the other day thinking it would be cute for Morgan's birthday in a few months. Now I'm thinking I might be able to use it to make an egg shaped cake like this one. Not sure I want to break up the tradition of my bunny cake though.
*I'm not ready for Easter and the busy weekend that is approaching. Literally everything that could possibly be planned for a Saturday has been planned. I'm not looking forward to all of the candy that will be around to tempt me. Cadburry Mini Eggs are a must though.
Ok, I have to go drag myself onto the dreaded, beastly treadmill now.
April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Go SUNS!
I think this so called "scouting" is just an excuse for man time. Maybe us gals need to think up something to "scout" as well. I can "scout" shoes & purses with the best of them.
I love that cake. I am with you Cadberry mini eggs are so good. I can not miss out on those either.
Oooh, Cadbury Mini Eggs...did you know that Target has them in individual size bags? It's Heaven in a bag...just for one!!!
Scouting...oh I hate that word in more than one way!!! I think we jinxed ourselves last night!
Julie, your comment about Scouting is cracking me up. Scouting with the YM's and now with soccer. No wonder you hate that word! :)
The football shaped cake pan sounds so fun. I'd like to see Morgan do the Abb Roller next time I'm over. He must see his mamma doing that every morning and think it's so cool!
Post a Comment