Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




March 26, 2010

4 month check up

Yesterday afternoon Riley and I took the twins in for their well baby visit. They are 18 weeks old now. I was dying to find out how much they've grown since our last check up in January because they feel so heavy to me. Riley and I had a bet going on with how much we thought the boys weighed and I'm happy to say - I was almost right on. I also guessed Kale would weigh more. Mom's know best I suppose. Here are their stats:

Kale:
Height - 25 3/4 inches
Weight - 16 lbs 15 oz.

Cooper:
Height - 25 3/4 inches
Weight - 16 lbs 14 oz.

Yes, that is right. That is not a typo. These boys are only one ounce from being the EXACT same size. Even their head measurements were exactly the same. Our doctor told us he has never seen anything like this. He could not believe it. We are starting to wonder if these boys are actually identical after all. We've definitely had our doubts. There are lots of questions we don't have good answers for, but I've been told their is testing you can do to find out. They are looking more and more alike every day and it can get pretty tricky sometimes. It seems like everything from the pregnancy and delivery to now watching these little guys grow has been nothing short of amazing and full of lots of good surprises.

So they are in the 81% percentile for height and 70% percentile for weight. Not too shabby for twins. We always assumed that for some reason they would be much smaller and take longer to catch up to normal babies sizes but that is obviously not the case. These guys are healthy, chubby, happy and thriving.

I will try and post some more pictures of them soon.

7 comments:

Kris said...

They are getting so big. I can't believe that it's been 4 months. The Dr.'s office was busy yesterday with me and you going there!

Anonymous said...

My sister's twins have grown the same or within an ounce or inch of each other too. We still don't know if they are identical but I still can't tell them apart.

Anonymous said...

it's almost not fair when babies grow so quick but when you have a 7 year old it seems to help them feel like babies longer.

Anonymous said...

Healthy, happy little fellas! Can't wait to see them. Are you guys planning on venturing to ID for the family reunion in June?

tharker said...

Wow, those boys are growing so fast! I'm so happy for your family to have those two sweeties!

Marilyn said...

That's crazy how close in size they are. Good job fattening them up :)

PDX Toveys said...

That's great that they are big. They are adorable babies. I hope we get to see them again soon. I love your haircut, the bangs look great on you. Can't wait to see your new flooring!
~Molly