We had a wonderful time on our little overnight trip. It seems like it just flew by and before we knew it, it was time to head back to the east side, pick up the kids, and head home. We got home very late and everyone was exhausted, but here are some fun things we enjoyed on the trip:
-Sleeping in until eight in the morning
-Getting to IKEA before it opened and beating the rush
-Shopping at IKEA and getting some new dishes, glasses, some home organization items, and a few other odds and ends. We did really good staying on task and not getting googly eyed over everything in the store. It is just so appealing when everything is so low-priced. It was a good thing I didn't go to the kids section. We were out of there in an hour and a half, I think that is a new record for us.
-Got to hook up with my brother Jeremy, his wife Molly, and their twins Caleb and Alia for some lunch at Claim Jumpers. Yum!
-Went down town to peruse all of the books at Powell's. There are so many books it can get a bit overwhelming, but if I had the time I could spend hours and hours there. For a book lover like myself, it was like walking into a candy store. We came away with quite a few books for our family. I know if I lived close by I would go there on a weekly basis.
-Visited Niketown, wasn't that impressed because everything was over the top expensive, but the store is really cool and I liked how they had all of the rooms put together by sport or activity. We ended up visiting another Nike store a few minutes away from there and scored some good deals.
-We were running out of time, so right before heading out of town we stopped by to see my brother Jim and his cute girlfriend. They live in some cool apartments right downtown with a little dog park across the street where they had their little dog out running around. It was good to see them and get a little visit in.
We had other things we would have liked to do, but they will have to wait for another time. It was simply gorgeous there, the weather was wonderful and all the trees are already in full spring blooms. It was so much fun, but driving in down town Portland is not on my list of things I enjoy. Good thing we have GPS, I don't think we're cut out for the city and paying to park everywhere gets old really fast. I like that where we live has lots of open sky, sunshine, and people who take showers. Seriously, personal hygiene is NOT overrated.
Today I have to unpack, clean up our disaster of a house (the messes don't seem to ever really end), fold lots of laundry and all of the rest of those fun household things that keep me busy. The time away was good for my soul.
March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
So glad to hear you enjoyed your time away. I was just trying to go over our schedule to see if there was an overnight that Chip and I could do this before 'lil miss thing' arrives.
What a fun weekend for you without the kids. I've always wanted to go to IKEA. Glad you had a little escape even though it went fast! Happy Monday to you!
...people who take showers! That is funny, and very true. So glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend!
Glad you guys had a good time. We love NIKETOWN too. Big cities are good for "people watching" but always glad to come home...
Glad you had a good time in Portland. It sounds like it was packed with good things to do.
Oh, and you cracked me up with the whole "people who take showers" line because when I've gone to portland or seattle, I think the same thing too.
Your showers comment is spot on! Especially downtown Portland and Seattle. Cracked me up!!
So glad you had such a great weekend. And sleeping in until 8 sounds like a recipe for a perfect day to me!
Post a Comment