I don't usually do much in way of celebrating St. Patrick's Day, but I conceded that since I am married to an Irishman, I should do something. Because I have a family of picky eaters, I decided to play it safe and make something sweet - green cupcakes with sprinkles on top.
These cupcakes are a bit deceiving. They look like regular cupcakes from the outside -

-and then when you take a bite into the middle............

A bright green surprise!
I just used a regular yellow cake mix and added green food coloring to it. When they bake up the outside turns a golden brown like it normally would. I didn't have any green sprinkles so I just took some large white sugar sprinkles and tossed them around with some green food coloring. Couldn't have been easier.
I've already had one little leprechaun devour one...........
Here is an old Irish blessing for you:
"If God sends you down a stony path, may he give you strong shoes."
Happy St. Patty's Day



4 comments:
They look yummy! What a great idea to make green sprinkles. I don't think I ever would have thought of that.
Mmmmm....cupcakes.
Yum, yum and yum!
oh, i bet your children will have those eaten before tomorrow!
Post a Comment