Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




October 18, 2010

Cold Monday Morning


It is so cold this morning. It's time to start turning the heat on and I let Morgan turn on the fireplace this morning as well. This is the time of year when my feet start getting freezing cold and never seem to warm up and I wear my warm fuzzy socks in the cold hours of the night and early morning. I told Kendle that she should start wearing some gloves to school so her hands stay warm while she's waiting for the bus and playing at recess. I am not a big fan of the weather starting to drop, but I do love some of the things that the colder months bring.

Hot cocoa.

Warm baths.

Baking.

Hot soup.

The feeling of stepping from the cold bitter weather into a nice warm house.

Warm fleecy pajamas for the kids.

Relaxing in front of the fire.

Snuggling up in blankets and reading a book.

Earlier bed times.

Being bundled up in a warm coat and being able to see your breath in the frigid air.

Holiday planning and decorating.

So I'll tell myself these are things to look forward to, instead of being sad that the days of warm sunshine are saying goodbye.

And colder weather or not, we have one busy week ahead of us here at the Dodson house.

*We have pumpkin carving and decorating to do for a contest at Kendle's school.

*Soccer practices, preschool, and piano lessons.

*Riley's team has a big soccer game tomorrow night.

*Kendle has activity day recognition night tomorrow night as well.

*Getting the house ready and cleaned so we can leave Wednesday afternoon

*Heading to Portland on Wednesday to go to this concert.

*Staying overnight and headed home early Thursday morning.

*More soccer practices and games the rest of the week and the weekend.                                                                                                                                          

*Kendle has her primary program on Sunday.


Whew! Hopefully we don't forget anything. Here's to a fun and busy week.

1 comment:

PROUD MOMMY said...

I found myself sitting in the bleachers watching our JV play on Saturday morning bundled in my northface, thermals and an ear warmer...thinking "who turned off the heat?"

Hope you have a great week! And good luck to Riley and his girls.