Today is one of those off days. Kendle is home sick, we are all still in our pj's, the wind is howling outside our door, and that whole Monday to-do list kind of blew away with the wind.
This is going to be one of our last really busy weeks, and then hopefully things will slow down for a little while. This family of ours has been chugging along at quite the break neck speed for some time now and I am looking forward to the approaching holiday season which is our little "vacation from everything soccer" time.
We are going to try and carve our pumpkins tonight. That in itself will be a major check off the "have to do" list. The kids don't really like getting their hands in the slimy guts of the pumpkin, luckily I don't mind it too bad.
I made a big batch of homemade caramel this weekend and it is soooooo good. I could eat it on everything or just with a spoon by itself. It is a good thing I only make it a few times a year. I'm thinking some caramel corn is in the cards for a treat tonight.
I still need to finish up the kids Halloween costumes. So far Morgan is the only child to have his complete costume (and he's been wearing the mask every day). He is stoked he gets to wear it to preschool this week. At least I have an idea what I'm needing to get for Kendle, the twins I have no clue. I'm not a big fan of the baby costumes out there.
The kids have been begging us to go to the pumpkin patch (even though we already have pumpkins) so I think a trip out to Country Mercantile might be in store for Wednesday afternoon.
Riley has his last league game tomorrow night that is a must win, so you could say he has been a little stressed. O.k., I'm even stressed. I think we will all be breathing a little easier come Wednesday morning.
Kendle has her last game on Saturday. I am a bit relieved, but also kind of sad since this season has been a lot of fun for the most part. Kendle says she is glad for it to be over, but I think she is going to miss it and miss being around the girls on her team. They had a great group this year and all the girls had a blast together.
Well, I better get going and get the twins out of the kitchen before they pull out every last thing they can get their hands on. Next on my list of things to purchase - a baby gate!
October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Both Spence and Hannah have expressed a real interest in soccer this year even though neither of them are on teams...it sort of freaks me out to have them play next year because the schedule already overwhelms me. We'll have to see about that.
I feel for you, Oct. is a crazy month! Here's to some down time coming your way.
Karen, if you can do the baseball schedule, then you can pull off the soccer one too! :)
We are so glad that football and soccer is over too. I can't wait for November to get here. Sounds like a blah day. It's been the same for me too! Have fun at the Country Mercantile! :) I can't wait to see what you pull off with those costumes! I still haven't even opened my box....!
Oh yeah, good luck to the Southridge team tonight! I can't wait to hear about the win!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner... I love it. Hope Kendle feels better tomorrow.
Post a Comment