Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




March 18, 2011

Crazy Week

This has been one hectic week with double soccer practice and all the other usual things and running around. We've been getting Riley ready so he could leave on his trip to Las Vegas yesterday. His girls U-15 club team is playing in the college showcase tournament there this weekend. There will be college scouts from all over the country there to check out the players in the tournament. He flew out of Pasco yesterday morning and their first game was at 8 am today. He just called to tell me they were down by 2 points and then came back to win it 3-2. He said the other team was really good and his girls stepped up big time and played hard the last half. Great way to start the tournament! I'm hoping the girls can play up to their full potential and put it all out there and that they have a good experience. When I talked to Riley last night they were just getting back from check in and dinner and he said the weather was perfect and warm. I'm trying not to be too jealous. Only four more days of me single parenting, but hey who's counting!

{Here is a picture of Riley and his team from a few weeks ago when they won this tournament}

Yesterday felt like THE longest day ever but I got a ton of stuff done. I cleaned house and organized and did laundry like crazy. I finally got some of my kitchen cupboards that have been driving me nuts reorganized -- you know the kind that every time you open them you feel like everything is going to fall out on you.  I even managed to squeeze in a little workout later in the evening although I really was not feeling it and did not want to. Since yesterday was St. Patrick's Day I made some green snickerdoodle's for the kids in the afternoon and when I asked the kids what they wanted for dinner (it's always either spaghetti or breakfast when they have their choice, they are not too fancy) they chose breakfast so we made green pancakes and then Morgan decided he did not want his eggs and sausage to be green. (I can't say that I blame him, too much food dye kind of grosses me out). We all wore our green yesterday. Kendle said not many kids in her class or at school in general were wearing green. Who knows if there was a lot of pinching going on or not.

Our kids have all been coughing and hacking and having runny noses like crazy the last few days. Last night I just crossed my fingers I could get some sleep. I rubbed the twins and Morgan up with some Vick's baby rub and wrapped them all up good. For my sanity's sake I had to go in and give Morgan a cough drop and his own bottle of water. Everyone miraculously slept through the night without much trouble.  I have been feeling a sore throat coming on myself, but I've been trying to fight it off the best I can. I told Riley before he left, that it never fails when he's out of town we all get sick. It's sadly becoming a tradition that I'd like to break. Luckily though, the sun has been shining and everyone has been in pretty good spirits regardless of how they're feeling.

Well, I'm glad it's Friday. I hope the rest of the weekend fly's by and Monday comes quickly. Next week is going to be an awesome week. Can't wait. Riley comes home Monday, one of my best friends Kristen is coming to visit, and my little sis will be home for a few days to boot. Lots of fun and visiting and ladies nights in store. Yay! It's gonna rock.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Yay for the weekend and a fun week next week! Awesome that the girls won the tournament! We all wore green too. Sydnee even made a leprechaun trap at school! Can't wait to see you guys next week! It will be fun! Have a good weekend!

tharker said...

I love your kids dinner suggestions, because they are EXACTLY the same as my kids' ;) We had Spaghetti last night and by the boys reactions, you would have thought I made the most deliciously gourmet meal ever. They're easy to please, I guess ;)

Sorry you've all been sick. Hopefully you'll be able to fight it off so you can enjoy next week! I didn't realize Kristen is coming to town, how fun for all of you!!!