Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




March 4, 2011

I love Fridays

This has been another long but good week. Riley started high school boys soccer on Monday so now he has high school practice every night plus double duty with girls club practice Tuesdays and Thursdays. He and the other coaches think they have a really promising boys team team this year. We're hoping for a good and fun season. We just found out some of their boys who were facing appeals got approved to play this season, so that is great news. His girls club team were tournament champions last weekend and Riley was really proud of them. They really outscored their opponents and played hard. I wish I was able to go watch more of their games to be there to support him and all of his hard work. They travel to Seattle again this weekend. We also celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary this week. It was without much fan fare, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes when life is as busy as ours is. Riley asked me if there was anything I wanted him to buy me, but I had already ordered some things for our house so I called it good. Aren't we romantic? Ha.

The kids were super jazzed up to have my mom come up last night to watch them so I could go to our Relief Society dinner at the church. She brought them dinner, made paper airplanes with them, kept the twins out of trouble and had everyone in bed with the house clean when I got home. To say she is incredible is an understatement. I can't believe she can do all that she does, and that was after a full day of work at her full time job. She's pretty much my hero and I have buckets full of appreciation for her. If anyone deserves a long extended relaxing vacation it is her. The Relief Society dinner was really fun and it was good to get to visit with so many people I have not been able to get to know until now and put names to faces. We have a really great ward full of fun women.

Today has been a really nice Friday morning. The kids have been contentedly playing, I've stayed in my comfy clothes, nothing pressing is on the horizon and it's nice to relax a bit -- scratch that. One of the twins just spilled a full glass of water someone left on the counter all over the floor. (Have I mentioned how they are climbing up on everything now? Pretty sad I can't even keep things up on the kitchen counter safe anymore.) Ok, two towels later and it's cleaned up. Tonight Kendle has her end of season basketball pizza party at Round Table. It should be a good time, she played with some really fun girls this year and we really like her coach. He's thinking about doing a traveling team for some of the girls maybe in the summer, but not sure if we're ready to hitch a ride on that wagon yet. We'd love him to coach Kendle again though if she got the chance.

I have the biggest stack of books waiting to be read, but I have a confession. My bed time reading routine has been sabotaged by Netflix (cue the Beasty Boys).  I have been loving catching up on past seasons of some of my favorite shows and also watching movies. Friday Night Lights was hands down one of my favorite shows ever and it is now officially over (tear) so I've been going back and watching some of the older seasons where I missed a lot of episodes. I also love the Masterpiece Theater classics and loved their newer version of Wuthering Heights with Tom Hardy from Inception. I even got Riley into it which is really saying something. So maybe this weekend I can get some speed reading done so I don't have to keep renewing my books/and or racking up late fees. :)

*Random thought for the day -- I really, really love the song "And so it goes" by Billy Joel. Might be one of my all time faves. Just listened to it when I had my itunes library on random shuffle this morning and it always makes me stop and think what a beautiful song it is.

Well, nap time for the babes and running time for me. I'm out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is sweet...she knows what you need and doesn't hesitate for a moment.

tharker said...

I love to hear all of the amazing things your mom does. It's easy to see that the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree Sarah.

Ah, Netflix. I love it so.

::lindsay said...

Ok, I'm pretty positive you have like the best mom ever! That is awesome!

Happy Anniversary you guys. Glad you were able to pick out what you wanted!

I'm glad we were able to chat a bit at the RS activity last night. I was thinking that we had an awesome ward too. There are just so many amazing women.

And Wuthering Heights---I haven't seen it. Those Masterpiece theater movies are always good. I think I'm gonna have to check it out...

almond nuthouse said...

Can your Mom be my "Mom away from home"? I'm so glad I got to meet her last year during softball.
Way to go on the running! It always inspires me...but it inspires me too late at night, since I usually don't read blogs until late in the evening. Anyway, good work with stickin to it!!