Riley is flying back from Las Vegas today and should get home just in time for dinner. We have really missed him. Five days is a long time to be gone when you have little ones at home. The kids are just super hyped up and can't wait to see him. (Me too.) Every time the front door would open, Cooper and Kale would run to the door saying, "dad" and then it would just be one of us. I know, so disappointing. His team ended up making it to the semi finals and then lost to the Utah State champs in a tough game. He said it was a really good experience over all and was glad the girls had the opportunity to participate in something on that scale. They didn't have that great of weather down there so it wasn't as much of a "vacation" as he was hoping for, he said they had some bad wind. He sounded glad to be coming home when I talked to him last night. I'm going to be making his favorite dinner tonight as a surprise -- fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and some cinnamon rolls for dessert. Hope he still has an appetite left after all the buffets they have been eating!
We went to stay with my parents over the weekend and before we left I cleaned the whole house. It was so nice to come home last night to a clean home, feed the kids a little dinner, and then put everyone to bed and have some quiet time to relax. Saturday night, the babies did not sleep very well at my parents and I was pretty exhausted. I got a really good nights sleep last night thankfully. I think the kids were pretty tuckered out as well, as soon as we pulled out of my parents driveway they were asleep in two seconds flat. Pretty quiet drive home. On this trip home from my parents my dad sent Morgan some peas to plant. You can bet that was the first thing he wanted to wake up and do this morning! I let him have three little peas to go out and plant himself and I told him he will have to wait for us to help him do the rest. Who knows what all we will have growing this year! The other day he told me, "he wanted to be grandpa Tovey when he grows up." I tried to correct him and say, "you mean you want to be like grandpa Tovey when you grow up?" To which he firmly replied, "No, I want to be grandpa Tovey when I grow up!" Can you tell how much he loves his grandpa?
Well, time to go fold some laundry, finish washing the bedding, and clean up after the tornado that is Cooper and Kale. They suddenly have an obsession with pulling all the sheet music out of the piano bench. Oh joy!
March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I love that your parents live close enough that you can go visit so often. Your relationship with your family is so inspriring to me. And I LOVE your cute Morgan's response to being like his grandpa. I bet that made your dad's day! (week, month...year!)
Sounds like Riley is in for a great treat when he gets home! Your dinner sounds fabulous!
I can tell already that Morgan's garden is going to be a huge success. That is adorable!
I am really enjoying this Monday too and looking forward to a mixed up week! That's great that you have family to get away too. I hope Morgans peas work out...I love
munching on garden peas!
Ryan just got home from five days in Florida. I can totally relate (and I have half the kiddos you do!) It's rough. And I sleep HORRIBLE when he's gone. Glad Riley had a good trip and will be home soon!
Post a Comment