{Kendle with her bobble head trophy at her end of the season basketball pizza party. The trophy had a surprising likeness to her.}
*Funny tidbit -- Kendle's team name was "The Shooters". The girls thought it would be cool after they scored a basket to act like they were blowing off their guns (a.k.a. their fingertips) and kind of do a bang-bang motion with their hands. But, seeing as how we are in Pasco, we figured that probably wasn't the best idea. :)
Thanks to daylight savings time this weekend, I am officially off kilter. Everyone's sleeping schedules are completely off. I guess it would help a little if we actually had some daylight to go with daylight savings time. It has been so dark and overcast and quietly peaceful (because the kids have all been sleeping in) the last few mornings, that it has been torture to drag myself out of bed. Those are the best type of mornings for sleeping in, and my body fights me from throwing the covers off, putting my feet on the floor and getting up to start the day. My energy seems to have just been zapped right along with that extra hour we lost.
On the bright side however, while perusing through vacation rentals last night, I found the perfect spot for us to stay this summer. We've been wanting to go back to Long Beach because we loved the laid back vibe, huge beaches, easy beach access and the fact that you can drive on the beach as well which is perfect for going down for a night time bonfire. We had a great time the summer before last when we stayed there for a week and made lots of good memories. I don't know if we will be as lucky this time around, but when we were there before we had the most gorgeous weather I've ever experienced at the coast. Warm, sunny days that were perfect for hanging out on the beach. (I think it helped it was the hottest week of the summer). It will be so nice to not have to worry about Riley coaching soccer this summer and be able to kick back for a week without having to rush back. I am super excited to start planning for that and some of our other summer vacation plans as well.
After church on Sunday we drove to Irrigon to hang out with my parents for a while. While we were there my dad took Morgan out for a little drive to the farm. He sent him home with a bag of little potatoes ready to be planted. The last few weeks, Morgan has been working on the side of our house (where it is just dirt) and has single handedly cleaned it all up, raked up the leaves, picked up all the toys and buckets, got rid of any big rocks, and made it into his own little farm. He is amazing and such a hard worker for a three year old. It would blow your mind to see him. He goes out there all the time during the day and pretends to check on things. We have been talking about letting him plant some things over there and take care of them. So with the little potatoes my dad sent home, he and Riley planted them yesterday and today we got lots of rain. We will see if they can grow. Morgan has already checked on them about twenty times since last night.
Well, I am kind of cold and debating on turning the fireplace on. (In March!) I think it is going to be a soup night for dinner tonight. I need something warm!



3 comments:
I need Morgan over at my house.;) There is lots of work for him to do here.
I struggle every year with the spring forward time change. I have had a nap the past two days, and I usually only do that on Sundays. So tired.
I second Kim's request! Send that boy over to my house too ;)
I've been taking a nap everyday too. Losing an hour has really gotten to me. I love the name of Kendle's team! :) Morgan is so cute! It's been cold here too. Next week, I need Pasco to have sunshine and non-windy days! :) Tell that to the weatherman will ya?
Post a Comment