Remember a few posts back when I was searching for a song? Well, I found it! I am so excited. *A little back story: My mother is the YW's president in the Hermiston Stake and they are planning a pioneer trek this summer for the youth of their stake. At a meeting a couple of weeks ago, one of the people helping to plan the trek put on a little presentation and played some incredible music along with it. One of the songs really struck a chord with my mom, and she had to call and tell me it would be the sweetest song for Kendle to learn and she couldn't stop thinking about it. She couldn't remember the exact title, just something like "I'm going to climb a mountain".
Fast forward to this last Sunday and while attending a ward conference she ran into the lady who had the music and found out the song is called "Somewhere There's a Mountain", by Jason Deere. It's from the soundtrack to "Trek", A Nashville Tribute to the Pioneers.

I hopped online, and searched and searched but could not find anything about it. Then by a mere chance I found the website for The Nashville Tribute Band who performed the songs. They had the sheet music to purchase and I couldn't believe my luck! Not only that I found the song and the sheet music to it, but that I discovered Jason Deere and his amazing song writing. He also wrote "Joseph" a Nashville Tribute to the Prophet. I think you can buy the Cd's at the church book store. Is anyone familiar with either album? Have I just been living under a rock? After reading about some of their performances, I was really bummed that I missed any that were close to our area.
One thing that was also a coincidence is that they did a performance in Malad, ID which is where my pioneer ancestors made their way to and settled. This summer our extended family is gathering to dedicate a trail marker in their honor.
Anywho, I digress, but I need to thank my mom for finding out what the song was called and for encouraging me to find it. It's funny how a small act can set off a chain of events. Learning a new song about pioneers, thinking about my ancestors, feeling the need to read about them and where they came from...........
Has anyone else had a great find lately?


7 comments:
I've never heard it either, Sarah. So maybe we've both been living under a rock!
I've never heard of this song, or the group, but man, my mind has been missing remember? So it could be someone famous, and I wouldn't have a clue. Happy Victory to you! So cool that you found the music, the song, and that you learned more about your ancestors. That's so awesome! I need your expertise over here in Black Hole Land! I'll give you a quarter if you can find my pillow! Ha!
Way to find. I found a friend that emailed me information on what to do there in her town and then another friend found some childhood candy that is still sold in Canada. I am happy to find those 2 things.
I'm under the rock with you! I haven't heard of them, but I'm excited to hear Kendle sing it.
Uh, can I just tell you how much i LOVE the tribute to Joseph CD? I've been waiting for the pioneer tribute to go on sale so i could buy it too. LOVE LOVE LOVE a good church CD, and the tribute to Joseph is exactly that. You wont regret it.
Sarah- I have the CD JOseph tribute...I love it. We listen to it almost every sunday before church. It has a MOVING song about Emma Smith.
I didn't know the group did another album about trek? cool. I'll go buy it.
Yeah the bookstore sells the one I have.
I have the joseph album. I love it. we listen to it every sunday before church. It has a moving song about emma smith. You can buy it at the bookstore.
Im gonna run right over and buy the trek one. very cool. I love the groupl- so country sounding...some of the members of the band are members of Diamond Rio the country group, and some graduated BYU.
Post a Comment