We had a really great weekend. Friday night kicked off with a fun "date" with Riley, Cooper, and Kale. It is hard to find a babysitter for all four kids, so we opted to have my mother in law watch Kendle and Morgan and just take the twins with us so we could have some time away. We hit up Red Robin for dinner which ended up being a good choice since it was loud with lots of lights and things for the babies to look at. That being the babies only second time ever eating out at a restaurant, they were completely entertained and so, so good. We kept their little fists stuffed with french fries and they were totally happy and content. After that we shopped at Target for a little bit and they loved riding around in the shopping carts (x's 2) and laughed and had fun through the whole store. Riley and I were seriously blown away at how easy it was to take them (although I think our idea of easy has changed a lot) with us and how absolutely great they were. Pretty sure that would not happen every time, but we were glad we were able to get out for a bit and it wasn't all that stressful.
Saturday everyone pitched in cleaning the house. It felt good to have the bedrooms and bathrooms cleaned and the floor mopped before Riley had to leave for soccer. His team traveled to West Valley and earned a 5-0 win. Kendle's team played later that afternoon and they did amazing. This was their first game where everything finally clicked and they played like a real team. They looked awesome. It was so fun to watch. They were passing and controlling the ball really well. They took a lot of good shots and really hustled. Kendle scored a goal and had a few assists. She loves playing goalie and did good there when it was her turn. She is a good defensive player (sometimes a little too aggressive), and she has improved a lot on regaining the possession of the ball and hustling to get in front of her opponents. The girls were so excited and we could tell they were enjoying the game.
After that we headed back home and I made some soup and fresh bread for dinner. It was nice to have some cooler weather. It had been such a drizzly day and it was a relief to have a cozy night at home without having to go anywhere else. I was pretty worn out from the busy day and enjoyed just relaxing. The kids were all pretty tired so it was an early bedtime for them all. After Riley got home from his game we watched the newer Robin Hood with Russell Crowe and thought it was just ok.
Sunday we had a good day at church. Kendle and the rest of the primary children were practicing for their primary program coming up in a few weeks. I've been trying to work with her on memorizing her part. She had to write a little part about her baptism. At one point in time when I was out walking Kale during relief society I saw Morgan and his nursery class come down the hallway taking a little indoor walk since it was rainy outside. They all hold onto a little rope and it is so cute. He is starting to really like going to nursery again and seeing his teachers and his little friends.
After church we came home to a wonderful smelling house. We had a yummy roast going in the crock pot and it smelled heavenly. One thing I dread about coming home after church is the crazy messes that are leftover from all of our hurrying to get ready for church. I really appreciated that everyone helped pitch in tidying up the house while I got the rest of our dinner made. That rarely happens, so I knew everyone must have been really hungry. After stuffing ourselves full of dinner Riley and the boys crashed and took naps and I helped Kendle work on some Faith in God projects. She's in charge of planning and helping to prepare our dinner and dessert tonight. She is really excited about it and even designed a fancy menu on the computer last night. It should be an interesting experience, but hopefully it will be fun and educational for her as well.
I will try and post some pictures of her meal tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I love Sunday's like that!
naps are the best huh?
good weekend! Maybe i'll see you this week. Coming down for short visit.
What a great weekend recap. I need to do the same on my blog every now and then! Sounds like you got a lot accomplished with a clean house too! I took a 2 hour nap yesterday. It was awesome!
sounds like a good weekend w/ a little of everything. and look at you with all those date nights! i don't think we've ever been in the habit of those! :) hope you have a great week sarah.
What a great weekend! I wish I could have seen your cute boys giggling in those Target shopping carts :)
I can't wait to see Kendle's meal!!
while I was running around with my head chopped off yesterday, I wanted to tell you you looked really cute yesterday. I really liked that color on you!
I am glad you had a nice weekend!
Thanks Julie!
Sarah, I love reading your blog. You always amaze me at what you get done and what a great mom you are with how crazy your life is.
Post a Comment