Today I had one of those mornings where I really stopped to take a minute to look at Kendle and how all of a sudden she just looks so much older to me. She is getting taller and more independent and has braces and all of these things which are just giving me a big punch in the gut that she is not such a little girl anymore. I swear I just blinked and she went from her adorable baby self to this girl with an attitude and big personality that is almost done with the third grade. Instead of quiet mornings and afternoons spent together reading books and playing, our days are now filled with sports, piano, school and church activities, driving to and fro from one thing to the next and birthday parties and sleepovers. She surfs the internet, paints her nails, turns up the stereo in her room, is a reading machine, is trying to be more helpful, occasionally plays the part of the class clown, and has a little bit more interest in clothes. She also talks back and has a very messy room, but we're working on that. :) She has muscly calves and a strong athletic body that help her play and enjoy sports and I really appreciate watching her play hard and give it everything she's got. I love her sweet little face, her deep brown eyes that always seem to twinkle with mischief, and her sprinkling of freckles across her nose. This girl is a fighter and she knows what she wants and how she's going to get there. I'm in awe of how she is the best of both her father and I. She is my only girl in a rowdy household of boys -- we have to be allies me and her.
I just need her to stay a little girl for a little while longer.
5 comments:
Such a sweet girl, and a lovely picture.
I miss my Kendle. She's adorable and is really growing up. I love her curls and her braces. Give her a squeeze from me!
She is beautiful just like you. She has your gorgeous smile and super model hair!
Hard stuff. Now more than ever I feel like Em is my little sister rather than offspring! We can almost wear the same size shoes and I find myself borrowing socks from her and even though she hates "dressing up" I find her sneaking in my perfume. Good luck Sarah! Those first born girls know what they want and are a force to be reckoned with, that is for sure!
Hey Nat, Tyler and I are wearing the same shoe size too. I keep telling him that I will wear his tennis shoes when I need an extra pair! I always offer mine to him, but apparently him wearing shoes that his mom wears is a little weird? I don't get it.....! :)
Post a Comment