Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 16, 2009

The Bane of My Existence

There are two things in our home that drive me absolutely batty because they are so hard to keep clean.

The first is our soaker tub/shower combo. I scrubbed that thing like nobody's business yesterday and swore up and down last night to Riley that we would never put one of those in another house ever again. The tub is so large I have to actually climb inside of it it to clean it and then scrub all of the walls while I'm inside of it too. If I choose not to do that, I have to kneel down outside of the tub and stretch and strain to reach all of the corners and ledges and it is physically painful. It is probably my LEAST favorite thing to do ever.

The second thing that drives me crazy is our piano. It's pretty and it sounds beautiful, but it is black and has a high gloss finish which shows everything. It's constantly covered in fingerprints and smudges galore. It is impossible to keep clean. I want my kids to grow up having the freedom to sit down and play anytime they want, but this is not the piano for practicality purposes. Hopefully someday we can have a music room or a den so we can put it somewhere that it won't be in a such a high traffic area and tempt the kids to wipe their grimy little hands all over it. A shiny surface to the under 8 crowd is too hard to handle.

*Mouse update: As of this morning - still no mouse to be found. Maybe he heard the words "poison" and "trap" and high tailed it out of here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart mouse to take his tail and skidaddle on out of your house! I understand your tub scrubbing dilemma. Ours is hard to clean too and consequently it does not get cleaned as often as it probably should.

::lindsay said...

Yeah, let's hope that mouse is gone. This summer the Tana had some ginormous rat with a furry tail that they caught in their garage. It was the scariest looking thing ever and I immediately went out and bought traps, sticky traps, poison, and those things you plug into the walls.

Oh and the piano and tub would drive me crazy too. I'm not what you'd call a "cleaner" so things like that drive me absolutely batty.

Kris said...

My piano is always dusty too. The bathtub is always a nightmare to clean. I hate that job. I hope the mouse is long gone. Did you sleep better last night??

hatch said...

Cleaning the bathtube is always a pain for me too. We hardly ever use ours and it still gets dirty. I only wish I had a piano to dust.

tharker said...

You've got to love the good old cleaning and never feeling like it's actually clean game. I feel that way about my shower sliding door. I will NEVER have a shower door again. Our next home will definitely have one of those big, open showers in the master bath.

I hope that mouse is long gone!