Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 26, 2009

Journaling


*For Today January 26th 2009*

Outside my window...
Sunshine! It looks like a beautiful (but still cold) day. What a great thing to see, sunlight streaming through the windows and it's giving me a lift in my step.

I am thinking...
About SO many things, the least of which always seems to be the case on Monday mornings - that I need to get my house back in order after a crazy day yesterday. Why are Sundays so crazy? I always try and be extra organized, I even had Sunday dinner all ready to go before we left for church. Still, I feel like if I'm constantly cleaning on Sunday and picking up the house, I do not get any rest. So - I usually leave it until Monday morning.

I am thankful for...
DVR. If I'm being honest, I'll just say that it keeps me happy. I don't have to worry about what time I put the kids to bed, or missing something important because I'm gone or Riley watching his millionth soccer game of the week.

From the kitchen...
I need to go grocery shopping, but I was just at Costco and Walmart on Saturday grabbing a few quick things and I'm not excited to go back. Grocery shopping has become one of my least favorite things to do. Especially if Morgan is with me. Sorry Morgster, I love ya but you're not a good shopping companion buddy. At least we have all of the important staples: cereal, fruit snacks, peanut butter.

I am wearing...
My pj's. Kendle had no school today and we all managed to sleep in a little and laze around a bit. I feel like I can't get anything productive done in my pj's though, so as soon as I'm done journaling I need to go get dressed.

I am creating...
Nothing. Zilch, nada, zip, zero. My creative juices are permanently on hold. Well, I am planning sharing time for this week, but I'm not sure if that counts for creating something.

I am going...
To do something fun with the kids today while we are all home together. I was hoping some more of our snow would stick around because I found a cool idea for a neat activity to do with it. No such luck though. Maybe we'll build a fort. That used to be what my brother and I would do for a go-to activity on days with nothing to do.

I am reading...
I finished "Before Green Gables" and it was pretty good. I think the author painted a pretty close picture of what you could have imagined Anne's life being like from some of the details she shared in "Anne of Green Gables". I didn't LOVE it, but it was still good. Now, I'm just reading "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" with Kendle. We are almost done and then we are going to watch the first movie again and have a little Harry Potter party.

I am hoping...
We can get our garage back in order this week. Since our little mice scare, we have had our garage in total disarray because Riley pulled everything away from the walls and set out a ton of traps and poison. I think they were attracted to the dog food and we need to get a big garbage can to put it in with a tight lid. We just have too much stuff packed into our little garage and we need to get rid of a lot of it.

I am hearing...
Kendle playing with her My Little Ponies and Morgan riding his little bike around the kitchen. It's not quiet at all, but at least they are both happy and entertained.

Around the house...
Some serious disaster control is on the agenda.
Sweeping, Laundry, Clean off kitchen counter.

One of my favorite things...
Glenn Beck. I love his humor and his view on politics. Probably one of my favorite shows on TV to DVR.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
My grandma Katie turns 80 this Saturday and we're having a party for her. Should be fun.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...














I wish they could always be this sweet with each other.





*If you'd like to start your own journaling posts, see
The Simple Woman's Daybook for these great journaling prompts.

10 comments:

Nancie said...

such a cute picture.
DVR really IS a BLESSING (do I dare say?). I love it too.

tharker said...

Doesn't this sunshine make you so happy?!

And yes Nan, DVR IS a blessing!!!

This picture is so sweet!

Kris said...

Love DVR. I am glad for mine too! I need to watch the Glenn Beck show. What channel is it on? That picture of Kendle and Morgan is adorable. Glad to hear I'm not the only one in my Pj's! :) Enjoy your carefree day today!

Kris said...

Oh yeah, I went to Wal-Mart and Costco on Saturday too. We must've just missed each other's paths!

Sarah said...

Kristen, that is too funny. We should have just gone shopping together.

Glenn is on Fox News Channel (205)at 2:00 in the afternoon, I usually just record it so me and Riley can watch it together later.

PROUD MOMMY said...

Tell Riley and Kendle thanks again for coming to watch caleb play hockey. Caleb was thrilled that he had "fans" (his own mom and dad don't count of course:) He was totally showing off for Kendle! too funny.

happy monday to you!

Jan said...

Jammie day sounds nice. I hope you get all your little things done. Beck is so great. Glad he is on fox now.

Have a great homey day.

Anonymous said...

I have a ton of house stuff that should probably be done today and it is 2:30pm and I have made no efforts to do any of it. Maybe later.

hatch said...

I still do not have DVR. It bits. In fact I think that is why I do not watch very much anymore.
I love the sunshine too.
Also that fireside on Sunday turned out great. You all work so hard. Thank-you!

Sarah said...

Thanks Kim!