Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 27, 2009

Random Picture Day

Sunday night we watched "Harry and the Henderson's". We all just laughed and laughed, Kendle thought it was hilarious. I have not watched that movie in forever and it happened to be on TV. We were talking about Sasquatches and we almost had our own Sasquatch siting:

















Morgan didn't like it too much, but Riley and I couldn't stop laughing at Kendle. I don't know why all kids seem to like to do the peace sign in pictures. She looks more like a hippie Sasquatch or Chewbacca.


Here is Kendle without the Sasquatch hair:






















Morgan likes this version of Kendle much better.

Yesterday I helped Kendle build a fort because she was "so bored and there was nothing to do". As a mom that is probably one of my least favorite phrases. We got the bar stools from the kitchen and lots of blankets and made an instant cool hangout for reading some books and writing some secret stories:
















It lasted quite a while until Morgan woke up and pulled all of the blankets down. Kendle does not think little brothers are so fun at the moment.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Loving the little IT...

::lindsay said...

Loved the first pic!

I know what you mean. It drives me crazy when they say there is nothing to do. I always think to myself, "Wow, I'm so glad we bought you all those toys in your rooms that you never play with." Kaiya and Carson always get all devastated too when Chloe pulls the blanket down, thus ruining their fort.

Kris said...

Sydnee was laughing when she saw the picture of Kendle. So funny! It's been a LONG time since I've seen Harry and the Henderson's. I bet my kids would love it. Those little brothers always ruin the best forts. Happy Tuesday for you!

tharker said...

I love Kendle's Sasquatch picture! What a funny girl.

Kendle's fort looks like lots of fun. The last time we made one was for the Saturday morning session of General Conference. My kids love to make them, but being the uptight mom that I am, I always cringe just thinking about the mess. I really need to let loose a little more often.

I too hate the words, "I'm bored"!

Anonymous said...

Harry and the Hendersons is a great show. I caught just a part of it the other night and am hoping that it will be on again so Zack and I can watch it all the way through.