Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 15, 2009

There's a Mouse in our House

About 1:00 in the morning Riley woke me up with our bedroom door opening and a flashlight in hand. I asked him what he was doing, and he replied that he had opened our closet by the front door and a mouse had run out and he wasn't sure where it went. He said he was about 90% sure it had gone under the laundry room door, but he was still checking the other rooms. I was freaked out! I hate rodents, spiders, and anything else that isn't supposed to be making itself at home in my house. I could not go back to sleep after that. I kept imagining that I heard little mouse scratching noises. I had horrible thoughts of getting up to go to the bathroom at night and stepping on it. Finally after drifting off, I was awakened again by Kendle - she had a bad dream. She woke me up two different times last night. Apparently there was something spooky looking on one of the top shelves of her closet. (this has got to stop, she wakes me up almost every night - it is worse than a newborn baby) We closed the closet doors and I tried to go back to sleep, so tired by this time that I wouldn't have cared if there was a mouse in my room or not. Riley put one of his sticky traps from work in our laundry room and as of 8:00 this morning it still had no mouse. I asked Riley how he thought it had gotten in the house, and he said he had found some signs of some mice in our garage and that mice can squeeze under a quarter of an inch opening or something like that. He's going to bring some heavy duty poison home from work and hopefully we can kill them all.

Moral of the story - I am one tired and grouchy lady today.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuck. why is it that something so small and hairy gives us the creeps. poor little mouse walked into the wrong house! :) i know what you mean about kendle waking up in the night. as busy as my little guy is during the day i'd swear he should sleep all thru the night but no, there's always a reason to wake up and come and tell mom and dad something! :)

Kris said...

Nasty about the mouse. Hopefully you don't have as many as we did our first winter here in this house. Riley's poison stuff works, cuz it killed all of ours. I can't imagine a mouse in the house. Gross. Sorry about Kendle waking you up!

Nancie said...

Nat's right, WRONG house little mouse. Take a hike.

Sar-take some time for yourself, have a little nap.

Anonymous said...

We had a mouse incident recently too. Not a fan of the little buggers. May the poison be quick to take care of the problem.

Heather said...

Sicko. I hate mice (and scorpions too). Good luck with the poison.

In our last house Jeremy and I had a bird build a nest in our attic directly above our bed. We could hear those suckers chirping so loud!

Jan said...

I wanted to stand on a chair as I read this post. I can feel the scare.

PRP said...

That is no fun. I hope Mr. Mouse makes an appearance soon and finds himself being permanently relocated.

Good luck! And yes, go grab a nap!

Lisa said...

I'm not going to lie- I would be freaking out myself if there were a mouse in my house!
Good luck!

tharker said...

Ughhhhh, I just got the willies! I hope you find the little critter ASAP!

hatch said...

Oh I am sorry that you have a mouse in the house. I hope you kill it soon. There is nothing worse than a sleepless night. I hope tonight is better.

Tamra said...

be thankful it's a mouse...not a RAT THE SIZE OF YOUR HEAD! and be thankful it didn't try to attack you. I hope you find it before it's too late and it lays all of its mouse babies in your laundry room.

:) i hope you like this happy thought.

Julie said...

I had one in my kicthen a few months ago and while standing inthe kicthen i heard the trap snap and bye bye mouse, but I was really freaked out for awhile. I totally feel ya!