I just noticed that on my last journaling post, I inadvertently wrote 2008 - clearly I am having a hard time adjusting to 2009! No one mentioned that in the comments section, did anyone else catch that, or were you all just feeling to sorry for me to say anything? Ha. I'll go back and edit it so I don't feel so silly.
*For January 12, 2009*
Outside my window...
It's about 33 degrees and the sun is somewhat shining. It is a really quiet morning. There seems to be none of the nasty wind we experienced last week.
I am thinking...
About brownies or rice crispy treats for our FHE treat tonight. I'm also keeping my grandma Tovey in my thoughts today as she had some scary things happen this weekend and was in the hospital.
I am thankful for...
Kind words. Sometimes you feel like there are days when you can't get anything right, and then someone can change all that with a simple phrase of kindness. I'm also thankful for Riley not minding that we had no Sunday dinner yesterday because I was gone all afternoon. It was a sandwich Sunday.
From the kitchen...
I made banana bread on Saturday and it is almost gone - it is one Kendle's favorite things for me to make. I need to toss all of the newspaper and adds from yesterdays paper laying on the counter. I'm going to make the Morgster and I some yummy cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast.
I am wearing...
Work-out clothes, hopefully this is going to be a routine I can keep up. It's nice to get it done in the mornings.
I am creating...
A class along with this gal for a stake activity in Hermiston this weekend. My mother is the Stake YW's president, and needed some extra help for their combined activity. What will the youth of that Stake think of us wild and crazy gals, I have no idea. Hopefully it will all come together. (If anyone has any ideas on the new theme "Be Thou An Example" send them my way)
I am going...
To clean, clean, clean today. Scrub-a-dub-dub. Got to whip this house into shape for our busy week ahead. I really need to mop the kitchen floors today, but I cringe at how they will look by the time I go to bed tonight.
I am reading...
My mom lent me her copy of "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks on Thursday and it was a quick read -typical Nicholas Sparks- but I liked the storyline about the soldier from Iraq. I heard they might be making a movie out of it. On Saturday I picked up the book, "Before Green Gables" by Budge Wilson from the library. "Anne of Green Gables" is probably one of my top 5 favorite books of all time, and this is an authorized prequel that tells what happened to Anne prior to arriving at the train station at the beginning of A.O.G.G's and about her parents before they died. I love L. M. Montgomery, so it will be interesting to see if Wilson's story can measure up.
I am hoping...
Kendle has a good day at school today. I bought her a new little coat this Saturday that I thought she would like and she has been in love with it all weekend. She wanted to wear it to church and even to bed, and was really sad I wouldn't let her do either. But she got to wear it to school today and she was as pleased as punch.
I am hearing...
Cartoons that were left on from when Kendle was eating breakfast, that's about it. It is soooo very quiet today. Morgan is still sleeping, I kept him up a little later last night because he took a very long nap after church.
Around the house...
I need to take down all of my Christmas card pictures that are hanging on my closet door in the entry way. What to do with them?
One of my favorite things...
Sleeping in - which pretty much never happens except for Saturday morning I got lucky. Even Kendle slept until 8:00, so that was nice. I have a hard time sleeping when I hear her feet pattering all over the house in the morning. Actually I just like being able to lay in bed and know there is nothing pressing that you have to jump out of bed and spring into action for.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Get working on before mentioned class for youth activity, get furniture cleaned (might be getting a new couch too - fingers crossed), get some birthday goodies put together for my little brother, look at paint swatches, and keep this three-ring-circus running smoothly.
January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I love this Sara! Would it be Ok if I did this too? I just love it. I hope Kendle has a good day at school in her new coat too. I will be cleaning, cleaning over here too. My house has the worse case of Monday morning mess EVER!! Have a good day.
Sarah, I love these journaling posts so much. Since this is the real reason I began blogging anyways, it is the perfect fit for me. Thanks for the inspiration.
A few thoughts on your journaling...
* I put pictures from Christmas cards and wedding, graduation announcements in a little photo album. I don;t have the heart to just throw them away.
* I am mopping floors today as well, and I always think the same thing...what is the point? By tonight, it will have all been in vain.
I am so glad Grandma Katie made it through her ordeal. How scary.
I love your journal entries. Very positive and inspiring. Keep it up.
How fun for you and Nan to be teaching the youth about "Be Thou an Example." Such a great scripture for the youth to learn about. I bet you guys have a ton of good ideas. I too love this journaling, and I can just hear your voice with everything you said. Good thing Riley is easy going and doesn't mind Sunday Sandwiches. It's crazy how busy it is these days, huh? Enjoy your cleaning!
i usually pack up christmas card pix of my close friends with my decorations. i like to keep them at least til the next christmas to see how their little family has changed in the past year. sounds like a nice start to your week. take a picture if you get that new couch. i love new furniture! :)
Kim- journal away! I'm glad you liked the idea, anyone can do it. It makes writing simpler for me.
Let me know about the "Before green gables" book. I also LOVED the anne series...there was a marathon on TV last week, but Caleb did not think that it outmatched his vote for The Suite Life of Zach and Cody;)....ahh well! Good thing I didn't get hooked because my fam probably would have ended up with not even sandwiches for dinner!
I too love these journaling posts. I'm really anxious to hear what you think of 'Before Green Gables'. I too love Anne of Green Gables and am curious about Anne (with an E) and her life before Marilla and Matthew.
Post a Comment