Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 19, 2009

Journaling

Monday journal post, little later than usual.

*For January 19th 2009*


Outside my window...
It's a cold and dreary day. Just one of those miserable days where you don't want to go out if you don't have to.

I am thinking...
About how people who can only say things or write things under an "anonymous" cover are cowards. My own dear, sweet mother, who doesn't have an enemy in the world received just such a letter this weekend from a poor pathetic person who didn't even have the guts to sign their name. I don't appreciate it in the media either - how many times have we heard the term "an anonymous source" claims that so and so did this and that. When it happens to you personally, you feel under attack - yet you cannot confront the attacker.

I am thankful for...
All of the positive examples I have had in my life. The class that Nancie and I taught on Saturday went really well and all weekend I've been thinking about the people that have always been stalwarts in my life. Never wavering, never losing sight of the bigger picture. I think everyone needs at least one person in their life that they can look up to.

From the kitchen...
Since it is such a cold day and I've been freezing, I decided to make a big pot of
home made beans and some cornbread muffins. They are making the house smell sooo good simmering away on the stove and are so easy peasy to make. I'm also going to bake some chocolate chip cookie pan bars for FHE tonight. Yummo!

I am wearing...
My typical mom uniform - jeans, long sleeve t-shirt, and Nike's. Hair pulled back -apron on because I was in the kitchen.

I am creating...
Some fun things with Kendle. Our latest and greatest:
















We made this little sign to hang by her bedroom door, I'll try and find a cheap frame to put it in.

I am going...

To go to bed early tonight. I have been so tired lately and feel like I can't quite catch up on my zzzz's.

I am reading...

Still reading "Before Green Gables". It is pretty good so far, I just have not had time to completely dedicate myself to this book for the last week. It is starting to get more interesting though, and I love that Anne Shirley reminds me of another little girl I know.

I am hoping...

The Pine Wood Derby is a success tomorrow and not too crazy.

I am hearing...

Kendle and her little friend from next door pretending to have a picnic. I love to hear the things little girls discuss with one another. They are too cute. This particular little girl wrote Kendle the nicest card at Christmas time telling her she is glad to have a friend that is "the right kind" of person she should be hanging out with. I actually got tears in my eyes when I read that. I'm glad our home is a place she wants to be.

Around the house...

The fireplace is warming things up in the family room. My hands and feet have been freezing all day - they usually don't get warm until May. The kids were eating some goldfish crackers and a few have been smushed into the carpet so I'll probably need to get the little hand vac out and do a quick clean up. Kendle's been helping me fold laundry today - she's good at matching the socks for me.

One of my favorite things...

Days like today that are lazy and slow with no place to go. The kids actually slept in and we had a leisurely morning with a late breakfast and no lunches to pack. They've been entertaining themselves pretty well and we've been having a good day. It feels like the calm before a storm.

A few plans for the rest of the week...

Pine Wood Derby

Primary Meeting

Lunch with a friend

Shopping

Buy new cell phone

7 comments:

Kris said...

Your own mother got anonymous letter? How annoying. She is the nices person I know. The Pine Wood Derby will be great tomorrow. I know that the boys will have a blast. You just gave me a great idea for fixing dinner tomorrow night. Beans and cornbread sounds easy for a busy night.

Anonymous said...

good luck tonite. it was nice to have an extra day off as a family...wish there was more of those days in the month! :) have a fun week :)

PROUD MOMMY said...

my sis got an anonymous comment on her blog a couple months back...she was hurt and really fired up!
that is so sweet about kendle's friend. you and riley are doing a really awesome job with both your kiddos! little things like that make all the hard work totally worth it!

Marilyn said...

I cannot believe your mother received hurtful comments...it's just crazy out of hand. Anonymous needs to just find a whole and crawl in it.

Love your journaling.

Marilyn said...

That would be a "hole." When will blogger get an edit button???

tharker said...

Coward, that is the perfect word for someone who posts or writes nastiness and doesn't own up to it. I'm so sorry that your mom had to deal with that.

Beans and cornbread sound so good, but I'm afraid that my family will NEVER eat it again after that disastrous experience a couple of months ago. Although, PW's recipe does look yummy! I hope your meal was delish!

This gray/cold/dreary weather is sucking out all of my happiness. I'm ready for some sunshine. Even if it's only 12 degrees outside, I'll take the sunshine!

hatch said...

Anonymous is sooo rude. That is just ridiculous.

Again I love your journal days. I feel like I am right at your house. You are such a good writer.