Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 7, 2009

That's Good Customer Service

Back in December I took advantage of some good sales Bath & Body Works had online. I purchased some gifts and saved quite a bit thanks to their markdowns. I was totally happy with my purchase and received my order in a timely fashion.

Last week I received a letter from their customer service department saying their system had some glitches charging some patron accounts twice for their order (luckily that did not happen to me) and to make up for that, they were giving anyone who had made an online order in that time frame $25 dollars towards their online store with free shipping. Are you kidding me, how generous is that? I was so excited because they still have some great sales going on and here is what I was able to score for FREE thanks to their willingness to make sure their customers were happy:


Slatkin & Co. Vanilla Coconut Room Spray

Fekkai Haircare Glossing Cream

Sweet Pea Body Lotion

Goldie Lip Gloss in Whip It

They also threw in a free Fekkai hair mask.


This was a great opportunity for me to try out a few things that I would not normally buy. The room spray smells wonderful and the lip gloss not only smells good enough to eat, but is a very pretty pink and not sticky.

I felt like sharing this because I feel that companies who are good to their customers deserve the recognition. I'm totally loyal to places that I've had good experiences with and that offer products that I love.

*Have you had any good customer service experiences lately?

8 comments:

dandee said...

Yay for you! It is so nice to know that there are still companies out there who put the customers above the bottom line.

Kris said...

I need to check out their online sales. This is good customer service. I'm impressed. I like that you bought some Glossing Cream for your hair. I need some of that too. Maybe it will help my hair to look smooth and silky instead of dry and damaged. :)

hatch said...

That is very good customer service! It seems like more and more we are seeing less and less customer service, so this is extra great. Let me know how that Glossing Cream works. I need something like that.

Marilyn said...

That is AMAZING customer service...truly. Thanks for sharing.

::lindsay said...

Oh, that is so awesome! How fun. I've had some extremely BAD customer service lately {yeah, Target.com and I aren't friends right now} and so it's nice to hear that people have had good experiences. Plus it's always fun to try new things you wouldn't normally try!

tharker said...

It is amazing to me that they gave the $25 in products to EVERYONE that ordered in that time frame, not just the customers that had been charged twice. That really IS great customer service!!

Nancie said...

lucky for you. I bet you smell wonderful.

Greyhound doesn't have that great of service...sssshhhhh...

Anonymous said...

Oooo...coconut room spray??? That sounds heavenly! Sweet.

B&B Works always has good customer service. I love how they'll take back anything for any reason, even if it's already opened and partially used. I'm all about supporting companies like that that care so much about their customers.